Old 01-25-2005, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wolverine wheel spacers ?

For those of you who have wheels spacers on your wolverine:

How do you like them?

How much did you pay?

How many inches per side did they give?

I've noticed two types of spacers. One appears to consist of 4 studs and the other is a ring with studs. The ring type looks like it is better. Any comments?

Also: Will spacers allow intallation of 10" wheels? I think the answer is yes but I want to verify.

Old 01-25-2005, 10:33 PM
Trailblazer

I have 1.5 inch spacers on all four wheels, i have the Max Trax Billet Aluminum Wheel spacers, they are the ring type that uses. I got mine for $139 a pair Canadian. I really like the stabbility it gives the bike, i got them shortly after i put the lift kit on her. I found with the lift it made it alittle too tippy for me. Here is the Link from the place I bought them from. They do have an American store here is the Link.

Hope this helps. I have no complaints with mine!!! they seem to be high quality.....

Old 01-26-2005, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks!

Anyone else have spacers? What about the 10" rims? I know someone on the forum has 10" wheels on a wolverine.

Old 01-26-2005, 07:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use the Highlifter Wide Tracs aluminum spacers, 1" wide. They are really high quality, and available in 1.5" wide, too. I have run them for years, and would buy again if needed.

Old 01-26-2005, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider

Lotus: I was thinking it was you who had the 10" wheels. Do you? (can't tell from your pictures) Will 10" wheels work with 1" spacers? Also how much did you pay for the spacers. I take it you have the ring style, not the stud only type. Could you tell much difference with the extra 2" in width?

Old 01-26-2005, 03:25 PM
Range Rover

im looking into getting me some spacers also.. just wondering between the durablue spacer and billet spacers... i guess the durablue uses the same studs and just extends them to accomidate the spacer.. the billet type u mount on the stock studs but there r another set of studs u use to mount the wheel... which one do u guess recommend and which one would be stronger.

Old 01-26-2005, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider

I have 12" wheels, but I would imagine that 10" would work, spaced out enough to clear the rear caliper.

The Highlifter spacers are billet and really strong. I have used the Durablue plastic spacers before, and from my own experiences would not buy them again. I am not sure what the current prices on ther H/L spacers are, I am sure they are listed on their site.

Since I bought the C series wheels, I no longer run front spacers, as the offset of these wheels adds 2" per side. The added width makes the bike much more stable, especially in rough terrain. The downsides are wider turning circle (as if the stock setup isn't bad enough), and obviously, more difficulty in the tight woods.

Ideally, you would like to have +1 or +2 arms instead of spacers. Spacers alter supsension geometry, which can cause problems like bump steeer, etc. But since noone makes longer arms....

If I had it to do over again, I would try to find 1 inch wider wheels, or stock offset with1 inch spacers. I believe that the 2 inch wider offset has too many negatives.

Old 07-12-2005, 06:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

I read your comments about wheel spacers/wheels for the Wolverine and have special ordered two sets of 1 inch spacers for my quad. My only complaint about the Wolverine is the feeling of being a bit unstable on off camber situations. I have always ridden sport quads and their stance has been lower and wider so even though I use my weight I think I will feel more comfortable with a little wider side to side base. Thanks for the information. I was having a hard time finding the spacers that answered my needs. I didn't want 1.5 or 2 inch spacers and was a little unsure of the dura blue. We will be riding for a week in Bitteroot Mts. in Idaho so should be able to give it a good test.

Old 07-12-2005, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

Be sure and give feedback on the changes.

Old 07-27-2005, 04:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Lotus,
You asked me to get back to you after the trip to Idaho and the use of the new High Lifter 1" wheel spacers. We put about 500 miles on the quads in 9 days of riding and I am happy to say that I am thrilled with the widened foot print. I did not feel tippy at all. Also the 424 worked great. I was in 2 wheel drive 95% of the time. Thanks for your help. High Lifter overnighted the spacers to me and we were installing them the night before we left.

Suzuki Susie or Woverine Woman

Quick Reply: wolverine wheel spacers ?