Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

LABOR COSTS

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 11:57 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LABOR COSTS

I am having a new piston, cam.clutch and valve springs installed on my 92 warrior. i was wondering if anyone might know what the labor costs might run at $60 an hour. how many hours should it take for a good mechanic to install?

Old 01-28-2005, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default LABOR COSTS

Dude do it yourself, save yourself ALOT of money. Dealers will rape you for that, expect to pay at least 6 hours of labor.

Old 01-28-2005, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider
Default LABOR COSTS

It should take someone with little or no experience to put those parts in to a quad in 6 hours. I think the labor costs should be more around 40$ an hour and maybe get charged 5-6 hours just because they can. I think you should do it yourself and get to know your bike better. Buy a manual, or download one online and if you have some tools you should be good to go [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-28-2005, 02:00 AM
Quad Patrol
Default LABOR COSTS

Around here in the Central Valley, the shops charge $65 an hour. They do have fixed rates for certain things they do. I agree with what has been suggested about doing it yourself[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If you don't have a manual, get one, read what you want to do first, then, make sure you have the proper tools and parts. Most important part is to take your time.

Old 01-28-2005, 07:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default LABOR COSTS

I found its always best to watch somebody assemble a 4-stroke before learning yourself. They are too expensive to fix if you miss something or time something inaccurately.

Old 01-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default LABOR COSTS

my local shop wants 80 an hour, they can stick that 80 right up their rear, i'll do it myself.

Old 01-28-2005, 07:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default LABOR COSTS

lol mechanics are making as much as lawyers....

Old 01-28-2005, 08:42 PM
Trailblazer
Default LABOR COSTS

wow you guys are right about the hours it would take. a local dealler said it would take about 5 hours for what i need done.$300. the piston ,clutch and valve springs seem easily done. i am not so sure about the cam.

Old 01-28-2005, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default LABOR COSTS

Originally posted by: DaBeechMan
Nah, the poor mechanics are making anywhere from 12-18 an hour, the shop is taking home the real money.

Old 01-28-2005, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default LABOR COSTS

Originally posted by: VelociRaptor350
Originally posted by: DaBeechMan
Nah, the poor mechanics are making anywhere from 12-18 an hour, the shop is taking home the real money.
yeah the shop takes home the most money, lol i wish there weren't that many lawyers around, all the world is about anymore is suing somebody for getting a babfied injury....lmao, people in PA suing sheetz for getting upset stomachs.....come on, what a bunch of lame idiots.

i'd do it yourself or find a little parts shop instead of a dealership, like DaBeechMan said 4 strokes are too expensive to fix if you don't do something right, Clymer's Manuals show you ever little piece of the quad so you can take it all apart and put it back together, dealership repair shops are rip offs between 40-80 dollars an hour for labor plus parts for 6 hours, it don't even take 6 hours to install a new top end kit and clutch, they are just a bunch of goofs that work there, here's what they're thinking "this is a decent sized job so we can rack up some money off of this guy" lol cause if they didn't charge that much money for laboring costs it wouldn't even be worth working, plus they probably takes breaks every 5 mins and probably a 2 hour lunch break, then they come off with the 6 hours of labor and an outrageous price for all the more work you got done

Quick Reply: LABOR COSTS