Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Upgrading the Wolverine Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading the Wolverine Headlights

Finally the Wolverine is back together and can be rode! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

The money spending bug has hit me once agian. My wolvy is nearly stock and that is fine by me. As of now I do not need anymore power. (when I do i will be getting a Big bore. The PO trashed the cylinder and it burns some oil at start up)

I am wanting to upgrade my headlights. They simply are not bright enough for safe night time riding. So I began to think (rarely happens). Back when I had the warrior, I swapped out the stock lamps for some small billet things from Rocky Mountain ATV. They were VERY bright.

When searching for a new stator for the Wolvy at Ricky Stator, I came across these: Banshee Headlamps Since the Wolverine and Banshee share the exact same headlight housing, it seems to me that the second set of lights down, Banshee stock location, would work on a Wolverine as well. They only down side is they have *bling* which I am not fond of. I think they would look better in black...say using black aluminum paint.

If there are any other types of lighting upgrades please let me know. I am wanting something BRIGHT, using the stock stator output.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks, Brett

Old 01-30-2005, 09:59 AM
Range Rover

go to www.woodwarrior.com he just finished an artical on wolverine lighting

Old 01-30-2005, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

It has been a while since I have visited WW... Thank you for the link. However, I do not believe that is the route I am wanting to go. Since my Wolverine likes to plop upside down, the thought of breaking glass (from the lens cover) does not sound too great...

While searching this forum, I did find some (but scares) information about PIAA lights for ATV's. PIAA is a name I will trust since I have gone wheeling with guys who have them on their Jeeps. Where would a person go about finding these lights?

Thanks agian.... Any other suggestions or thoughts to any of the above postings?