Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

WOLVERINE vs. BIG BEAR

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 05:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOLVERINE vs. BIG BEAR

Just wondering what the comparison between these two machines.. My buddy is looking at a 96' wolvie and a 94 Big Bear, he wants to do alot of hunting and other recreational riding. Whats your opinion for him... Canadian prices wolvie $4000 Big Bear $3700

Old 02-03-2005, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

Thats a tuffy. Im a wolverine rider and I say the wolverine is not such a great hunting quad, compared to the big bear. They are both similar, just the wolverine is a full time 4x4, and im not sure aout the big bear. The wolverine is alot smaller then the big bear, so if your hunting you can fit between trees and small areas easier. They are both good, Id just go with the wolverine because of price for 2 years yunger... JMO

Old 02-03-2005, 08:59 PM
Trailblazer

hey bigballer do you actually own this wolverine with all these mods . the way you put the wolverine down it's hard to believe . in another thread you say that it cant compete with and eiger . the only thing better with the eiger is the engine size . in this thread you say the wolverine is a lot smaller than a big bear . they are practicaly the same size and the 94 big bear is also full time 4x4 . you should maybe do some research .

as for the the comparison the big bear is a great workhorse but for the fun go with the wolverine .

Old 02-03-2005, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider

LOL, I dont down the wolvy. I LOVE IT. Read that Eiger thing again. All i was saying is how good the wolvy iss. I love my wolvy. I wasnt downing it wen i was saying its small. Im 5'1 110 pounds im small. And it feels small to me compared to my Rubicon, so I think peoiple would feel to crammed up on it.

Old 02-03-2005, 09:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Im 6'1, 185 lbs and I dont feel crammed up on mine.. I do feel small when riding with my buddy on his Brute force750 LOL!!!

Old 02-03-2005, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

I feel big for mine, after I ride the Rubicon alot. The other day, we had like 2 inches of snow b4 our big snow storm. I was riding my rubicon that whole day, In the night. I go to see my friends ne blaster. WOW THAT THING FELT LIKE A MATCHBOX CAR!

Old 02-03-2005, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HARTKAST how did that machine get sunk in that river, lake, pond whatever it is?

Trending Topics

Old 02-04-2005, 12:06 AM
Trailblazer

back to the original question..... wolverine is faster, sportier, fun,....midline on work horse. The big bear is lower geared and depending on engine size( not remember size for that year,350/400) is more powerfull. have friend with big bear-stock, pulls me(187lb)on wolvie- another prairie 360 with rider(185lb) with ease. so for fun and some hunting -wolvie. for hunting and work/hauling/towing- big bear IMO

Old 02-04-2005, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

now that last poste confused me big time!!!!!!!

Old 02-04-2005, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

A big bear is a work horse. The older bears with 350's had a low range. This made them more versatile than the new 400's. A friend of mine has had a big bear forever. He bought it new sometime around the late 80's. It has been awesome. Once he even pulled my bronco II out of a mud hole. I was impressed! I like the wolverine because it is basically a cross between a warrior and a big bear. It really can not compare to the bear for low end torque.

I think most big bears will top out around 45 mph. A wolverine is over 10mph faster on top.

This really comes down to what you want most. Low end grunt with high ground clearance or a sport oriented 4x4 that gives up some low end power.

I'll say this though. If your friend is planning on installing large mud tires, I'd get the big bear.

Quick Reply: WOLVERINE vs. BIG BEAR