Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Polyethylene case saver?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 07:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polyethylene case saver?

hello,anyone have any comments or storys about them?heres a link to the case saver.case saver

should i get one of these or stick with a metal one?any other case saver i should take a look at?

thank you for your help

Old 02-04-2005, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2005, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

ENDED! Did you get it? Id rather get metal unless weight is everything to you!

Old 02-04-2005, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider

yeah i know it ended but he sells these all the time.weight is not an issue protection is,its suppose to flex and claims in a notch test or something, its unbreakable.im going to search the web again and see if i can uncover some more info.any other case saver i should check out?
thanks

Old 02-04-2005, 07:19 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can get billet ones for 5 bucks more, and they take about a minute to clean up when they eventually corrode. Not to mention it looks better than a big hunk of white plastic. But hey, thats just my opinion. I wouldnt knock someone else for trying it, but I dont think it has any significant advantage over the proven ones already on the market.

Old 02-04-2005, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: maddog56
You can get billet ones for 5 bucks more, and they take about a minute to clean up when they eventually corrode. Not to mention it looks better than a big hunk of white plastic. But hey, thats just my opinion. I wouldnt knock someone else for trying it, but I dont think it has any significant advantage over the proven ones already on the market.
thanks maddog is there any brand i should look for or if you can give me a link to one?i was going to buy one for my raptor, never did but the one i was looking at for the raptor had bolts that were sheared at the top so when the chain did break loose it broke the bolts at the top instead of breaking off in the case are they all setup like that?
anyone have any good or bad luck using any brand of case saver.ie it still broke the case and was a waste of money or it held up fine and was worth its weight in gold?

thanks for all the help

Old 02-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

metal is stronger than plastic or polyethylene, whatever you call it, but it's still a form of plastic, i don't trust anything manufacturers say anymore, plastic being stronger than metal....lmao, just my opinion though.

Old 02-04-2005, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: NichelsonRacing87
metal is stronger than plastic or polyethylene, whatever you call it, but it's still a form of plastic, i don't trust anything manufacturers say anymore, plastic being stronger than metal....lmao, just my opinion though.
yes it might be stronger but i was thinking if the chain breaks and hits the case saver thenbreaks the bolt and just ends up slaming the case saver against the case breaking it anyway.where with the palstic it absorbs the shock and its only plastic making contact with the case so the plastic breaks since its the weaker link and alot cheaper than a new case.

does that make sense?

thank you

Old 02-04-2005, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BURKEDADDY
Originally posted by: NichelsonRacing87
yes it might be stronger but i was thinking if the chain breaks and hits the case saver thenbreaks the bolt and just ends up slaming the case saver against the case breaking it anyway.where with the palstic it absorbs the shock and its only plastic making contact with the case so the plastic breaks since its the weaker link and alot cheaper than a new case.

does that make sense?

thank you
it kind of makes sense, but what if the chain broke at high speeds and just broke right through the plastic and still ended up getting your case, i mean the plastic sounds like it might perform better for the reason you stated, but i just started thinking about this idea. i could be wrong though, just an idea on what if that might happen.