Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Here is some info on the Torque stuffer for the wolverine and warrior

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here is some info on the Torque stuffer for the wolverine and warrior

I called alba today and ordered a torque stuffer and 3 1" white brothers airbox vents. I was wondering if the torque stuffer for the wolverine and the warrior were the same. You can not find this out on their site. They are in fact the same.

The head on the warrior and the wolv is the same but the frames are different.
I believe that slip on pipes will interchange between the warrior and wolverine. I'm still unsure of whether the head pipes will interchange. The person I spoke with at alba did not know.

If anyone knows, post it here.

Old 02-05-2005, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

Yes the slip on's will interchange between them.
I think the head pipe will but not for sure.

Old 02-05-2005, 09:54 AM
Trailblazer

whats the alba web site? if there is one

Old 02-05-2005, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider

alba site

Old 02-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

Factory head pipes for the wolverine and warrior are interchangeable, but different. There are some mounting points for the heat shields that are different and the actual diameter of the tubes are different as well. The 95 wolverine came with the same size diameter as the warrior, but in 96, they changed to a 2mm smaller diameter. If needing your bike to breathe a bit easier, you can change to the warrior head pipe and modify the mounting points for the heat shields.

From all I have read, you can get no performance gain from replacing the head pipe on a warrior as it is large enough to flow all the motor can flow already. Don't spend the money on an aftermarket head pipe for a wolverine either... If you've upped the displacement and modified the airbox to let it breathe easier, buy a used headpipe for a warrior and mod the mounts.

Old 02-05-2005, 07:44 PM
Trailblazer

Reading waht u wrote 95Wolvy, i am at another crossroad. I was gonna buy the DG Xcellerator exhaust system which included the headpipe for my 2004 wolverine, but now you have said this about the stock headpipe(isn't the first time i've heard this, but it must be true) being good enough already, I have thought about getting the cobra utility series exhaust which works with the stock headpipe. Wil the cobra work good with the k&n filter and jet kit? Will these mods make noticable power gains? Thanks for any help fella's.

Old 02-06-2005, 02:37 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks 95.

To further clarify:

Will all aftermarket full systems (head pipe and silencer) work on both the wolv and the warrior?

Old 02-07-2005, 01:56 PM
Trailblazer

Bump

Old 02-07-2005, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

I won't stick my neck out and say "Yes" to all warrior exhausts and headpipes fitting the wolverine as the aftermarket manufactures have a choice of 3 mounting locations for the stock warrior exhaust can. Typically they choose two and those two typically match the two on the wolverine. I recently just found the first aftermarket exhaust that will not work for sure. I've called the manufacturer and they are working on a rememdy.

As for the headpipes, I belive you can exchange one for the other. Keep in mind, the way Yamaha got some of the low end grunt from '96 on was to use a different as well as smaller carb and a smaller headpipe. Going up in size on the headpipe will let it breathe a bit easier, but will hurt your bottom end. I've got a buddy that's got all the pieces to do a swap, but we have yet to do it. So, I can't speak for certain on the outcome.

As for the Cobra exhuast question, I am not familiar with it. I do know that I wouldn't spend the money on a full unit from any manufacturer as one can pick up a headpipe for a warrior for so little on Ebay, and even with the cost of a shop adding a couple heat shield mounts, yer still money ahead. You ask about noticeable power gains with an exhast change, K&N and a jet kit... well, you will always feel the gain from an aftermarket exhaust in combination with a higher flowing filter and a proper jetting.

Old 02-08-2005, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks again 95

It sure is nice to have a productive thread rather than a "which one would win" thread.

Quick Reply: Here is some info on the Torque stuffer for the wolverine and warrior