Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

turbo blaster

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 04:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo blaster

does anyone know of anyone who has ever made a 2 stroke bike turbo? my friend has a stock turbo from his gti and he said i can have it if i want it. i was thinkin about fabing it to my blaster. does anyone know if makin a 2 stroke turbo a bad idea?

Old 02-08-2005, 04:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default turbo blaster

Plenty of turbo banshees and I think most people have heard of the infamous Dirtwheels turbo blaster (used a dodge minivan turbo). Its possible and can work great, but its not an easy job and even harder to perfect with carbs.

Old 02-08-2005, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default turbo blaster

i would be able to cause i have the no-how and the tools. my cousin made a cub cadet law tractor turbo. he uses it for lawn tractor pulls. he has a turbo form a volvo in it runnin 6 psi, with a boost guage on it. its one of the crazyest looking and sounding things i have ever. i didnt know about the dirt wheels bike. thanks for the info im gona look it up. any more help is apreciated

Old 02-08-2005, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default turbo blaster

is there a kit made specifically for a banshee or do you have to customize everything can someone post a link so i can look at turboing my banshee

Old 02-08-2005, 05:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default turbo blaster

that would be awesome. i say go for it. as long as you can pull it off. keep me updated.

Old 02-08-2005, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default turbo blaster

im gona try and find a smaller turbo. my only ? is if ill need a oil pump to pump oil threw the turbo or if the crank case will have enough oil pressure to pump it into the turbo.... dont want to be burnnin up the bearings in the turbo. i dont have time to look right now cause im putting rear carrier bearings in my blaster right now. im gona look on ebay for some when im done. if anyone has a turbo bike could u tell me some things that ill need. im gona keep it carburated and have a small turbo. like 20-30 mm. any recomendations

Old 02-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default turbo blaster

You can't run it off the crankcase, because every time the piston is on the up stroke it creats a vacuum in the crankcase which would draw oil away from the turbo, and I hope your not talking about using premix to lube that turbo, you'll need to use the tranny oil if any.

Old 02-08-2005, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default turbo blaster

Originally posted by: fastblaster00
i would be able to cause i have the no-how and the tools. my cousin made a cub cadet law tractor turbo. he uses it for lawn tractor pulls. he has a turbo form a volvo in it runnin 6 psi, with a boost guage on it. its one of the crazyest looking and sounding things i have ever. i didnt know about the dirt wheels bike. thanks for the info im gona look it up. any more help is apreciated
that's cool about your cousin's lawn tractor, my buddy has a pro stock garden pulling tractor that he pulls in different states, he doesn't have a turbo on his, but it's highly modified, he's got 1000's of dollars in it, and running it on VP race fuel. a turbo would be wicked on a 2 stroke, although i'm not too sure on how you would get it to work, it would probably have to be a gravitational flowing oil tank with a fuel pump coming off the turbo somehow. i dunno just a thought lol

Old 02-09-2005, 10:20 AM
Pro Rider
Default turbo blaster

i guess id run a oil pump to pump the oil to the turbo and just have the vacume as the return. shav0 u might know if this would work. i get a oil injection block off kit. then instead of running the premix oil i run normal oil in the tank and i have the oil pump pump the oil threw the turbo and make a return line that runs into the top of the oil tank in the back. would that work or would running non premix oil threw the pump burn it up? anyone?

Old 02-09-2005, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider
Default turbo blaster

ive been lookin for other turbo blasters and so far this is the only one i have found. ViewItem&rd=1&item=7952685926&category=33742&sspag ename=WDVW[/L]turbo blaster . if the pics dont show up right mouse click on the and hit show pic
heres the turbo im lookin at. i think my friends gti turbo is to big. [L=TE04H]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?

Quick Reply: turbo blaster