Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Out w/ the Old and In w/ tha New????

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 11:12 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Out w/ the Old and In w/ tha New????

Just need a little help...I currently have a 01 Raptor 660 with pipes and other stuff and it runs like a dream with no problems what so ever and I was curious if I should trade in the 01 and go for an 05 Raptor I just dont like the idea of having payments on a four wheeler eventhough I have a really good job and could probably afford it please give some feedback if you have done the same or if you think it is worth it and if so what kinda payments are typically involved if one could get about 3,500 for the 01---Thks for any opinions

Old 02-11-2005, 11:16 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

we'll here's what i would suggest... it's 4 years old and has many hours.. if i were you i would just rebuild it and put a few new parts on here and there.. make it LIKE a new quad but better... and it withholds that sytimental value to you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] maybe bore or resleeve it new piston? 02 gears some new tires aarms shocks... anything you feel should be improved

Old 02-11-2005, 11:18 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

also over tiem your quad will have lost power from wear and tear... so peeping it up with a lowcost rebuild could really make it a really good quad(once again)

Old 02-11-2005, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider

Have you already had a new tranny put in???? Remember the 01's had some horrendous number of tranny failures. If you are going to keep it then that is the first thing I would have looked at. The resale market for the 01 raptor sux here in Phoenix as most buyers are aware of the known but never fixed issues with the 01 tranny. Just something to think about

Aaron

Old 02-11-2005, 12:06 PM
Range Rover

Well I doubt that the tranny is new but it has never had any problems of any kind and it still has plenty of power and I kept doin about 60-70$$ worth of work each month but that is not for repairs jus preventing them and other stuff like new grab bar, brakes, bumper, stuff like that and there is more stuff that could be done jus dont know if it would be cheaper to make payments on a brandnew one & one more thing how much would it cost to rebuild it if I did it myself along with some very skilled mechanics that are friends

Old 02-11-2005, 12:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

When I bought my 03' new I payed $3000 down...and my payments were $96 on what I owed.

Old 02-12-2005, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider

Me personally, I'd get the new machine. Maybe even something different. There's nothing like getting a new quad. If you can afford it, why not. I don't know if you are married or have a girl friend, but if you don't, get the new quad before you do. Women have a way of talking you out of it. I'm sure some of the guys on here can relate. Just my opinion.

Old 02-12-2005, 11:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't sell it just to buy a new raptor. Maybe there is something else that strikes your fancy?

Old 02-12-2005, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: WolverineMan15666
Me personally, I'd get the new machine. Maybe even something different. There's nothing like getting a new quad. If you can afford it, why not. I don't know if you are married or have a girl friend, but if you don't, get the new quad before you do. Women have a way of talking you out of it. I'm sure some of the guys on here can relate. Just my opinion.
Yeah, i have a girl friend of 4 years and let me tell you i can relate. Thats why when the new Z-450 comes out , i not even going to tell her, i am hust going to come home with it. HA HA ha ha ha.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-12-2005, 05:35 PM
Trailblazer

Wait til the 06 is announced and see if you are still wanting new. Someone on one of these forums said there are changes coming in 06 so maybe it will be worth the wait. If there is no big changes then buy an 05, it will sell for a little less at that time.