Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee low end tricks

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 11:17 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee low end tricks

Jakal i dont remember asking for your opinion on what quad i should buy all i want to know is what helps a banshees top end, thanks.

Old 02-12-2005, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

get a trinity stage IV 2 into 1 carb kit i got it it works good and increased throttle alittle bit to

Old 02-13-2005, 06:58 PM
Range Rover

Thans guys, anyone do any crazy muddin with their banshees? I been through some crazy stuff.

Old 02-13-2005, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

i cant really see the banshee going thru any mud. the wheels would spin like crazy.

Old 02-13-2005, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider

i went through 12' of water but i wouldnt go any farther or do it again

Old 02-13-2005, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: IDLE
Jakal i dont remember asking for your opinion on what quad i should buy all i want to know is what helps a banshees top end, thanks.
I also dont remember you asking anything about top end. More timing, more compression, and more CCs are the only free low end mods (excluding a built motor). Everything else starts cutting off the top end which defeats the whole purpose of a banshee. Besides, if you got enough tred spinning fast enough you can make it through.

Old 02-13-2005, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JakalWarrior
Gear it lower. If you REALLY want low end power though, get a 2 into 1 pipe and a 2 into 1 carb. By the time you do that though, you might as well trade it in on a 400ex or some other fourstroke.
a 400ex will NOT run anywhere near a Banshee, plus you can't do have the stuff with a 400ex as what you can with the Banshee. Shee's have an endless number of aftermarket parts out and will have years to come. 2 strokes are so much easier to pump H.P. out of, 4 strokes take piles of money and you still don't get very much from it, plus 2 strokes are easier and cheaper to rebuild. the 400ex is not even close to a Banshee and isn't in the same class neither.

to get more low end, you can get FMF Fatty's with Powercores, K&N airfilter's, the Single carb if you want to spend the money, change gearing, i could name other stuff but then you get into $$$

Old 02-13-2005, 10:17 PM
Trailblazer

IDLE, I've had Banshees since 1987 and the best thing you can do for the bottom that will help the top is to either shave the head or spend the money on a Prodesign Cool Head and get the appropriate domes to get you where you want to be. If you go lower than 20cc then you got to run Race gas like 100 octain or more & jet for the altitude your at. On my Semi Stock Banshee I did the Cool Head w/ Toomie T5s and the jet kit and my shee like the combo.
Upping the complression is the way to go. Pipes cost bux. So does the Cool Head but you can tune the cool head even with stock pipes.

Now if you add the Pipes with the Cool Head or simalar product you will be real happy with the Banshee low end dilema.
You can also look into a Boysen Rad valve or just the Carbon reeds.
I had the trinity 2 into 1 deal. Big waste of money for me. I could of got 2-36mm Kehins for what I paid for in the 2 into 1. What I gained on the bottom I lost on the top. I finally did get the 36mm Kehins. Big difference. Bigger is better.

poopy I spent all day plunging thru Arizona sandy mixed mud. Dont let the Mags fool ya. Oh & I ride the trails with one too. Oh for shame.... Now I'm not saying its Fourtrax but if I have 10' semi straight ,oh oh.
Just funnin ya but I get that look every time I roll off the trailer from the thumpers. No pun on the thumpers they rock too.

P.S. I was so glad to see the J arms go byby

Old 02-14-2005, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: NichelsonRacing87
Originally posted by: JakalWarrior
Gear it lower. If you REALLY want low end power though, get a 2 into 1 pipe and a 2 into 1 carb. By the time you do that though, you might as well trade it in on a 400ex or some other fourstroke.
a 400ex will NOT run anywhere near a Banshee, plus you can't do have the stuff with a 400ex as what you can with the Banshee. Shee's have an endless number of aftermarket parts out and will have years to come. 2 strokes are so much easier to pump H.P. out of, 4 strokes take piles of money and you still don't get very much from it, plus 2 strokes are easier and cheaper to rebuild. the 400ex is not even close to a Banshee and isn't in the same class neither.

to get more low end, you can get FMF Fatty's with Powercores, K&N airfilter's, the Single carb if you want to spend the money, change gearing, i could name other stuff but then you get into $$$
I didnt say a 400ex would run with one, but it sure as heck has more bottom end, and by the time you set up a banshee for massive bottom end, it will still have less, AND youve lost so your top end, so what are you left with?. (unless you go big bore with powervalves).