Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Wreck In Reverse????

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 04:38 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wreck In Reverse????

This past Sunday my roomate who is like my own personal mechanic who is expirenced on power sports when to some trails and he claimed w/ a witness that while in reverse at a low speed turned the wheels and the quad flipped on him ha ha ha has anybody heard of anything like this happening. Also he was on flat ground- is he truly that retarded or has this happened to others

Old 02-14-2005, 05:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

i was at a mud party and we were in the back and this person( many years of riding experience) was in reverse and went to turn and it flipped over..

Old 02-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Range Rover

good stuff I jus never heard of anything like that happening unless they were goin way too fast in reverse then cutn tha wheels

Old 02-14-2005, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

yea it could happen, i dont know how many times i nearly flipped in reverse on my quad.

Old 02-14-2005, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

i almost flipped my old polaris in to a tree in reverse...kinda scary

Old 02-14-2005, 07:15 PM
Elite Pro Rider

yur, i ahve almost flipped my arctic cat a bunch of times in reverse, especially on utility quads because of how sharp the wheels turn.

Old 02-14-2005, 09:00 PM
Range Rover

My older brother had the bright idea one day to attempt a J-Turn on our families Sportsman 500. Turns out that idea left the 500 on its side and him on his but with a confused look on his face. Neither the fourwheeler or my brother got hurt, so all in all I'd agree with you saying its funny. Though on my Raptor, idle speed in reverse is probably 10+ mph, so I can see how people would be able to turn one over on accident. I wish that reverse gear was somewhat slower on quads like the Raptor 660, I don't know of too many times when I want to do 30 mph in reverse, evidently yamaha sees different...

Old 02-14-2005, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

best thing to do is never back up if it's in your way just drop the hammer and keep on trucking[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
yeah right

Old 02-14-2005, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

i did the perfect j-yurn once on my rappy. i went as fast as i could backwards cut the tires and hit the back break. at first i almost craped my pants but i tried it again and it went over. kinda embarising[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 02-14-2005, 10:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

a couple of weeks ago a buddy and myself were stopped looking at something and when we went to reverse i was standing up on my quad and hit the throttle which jerked and caused my upper body to go forward and pin my thumb against the throttle lever, going full speed i got my hand loose but my leg was still pushing the lever, right as i was straightening myself i accidentally turned the handlebars (still at full throttle) i jumped off right as the bike rolled over, knocked the wind out of me, besides that i was ok but bent my handles on the one side, little embarrassing but nobody saw me, which made it a little better if you know what i mean!

Quick Reply: Wreck In Reverse????