Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad A** SNOWMOBILE

How do they not sink???

Old 02-23-2005, 08:27 AM
Pro Rider

they run bid paddles on their tracks, the tracks are spinning so fast that it sort of just propells them basically riding a wheely around this oval pond.

and sometimes they do sink, its a about 6 foot deep manmade pond and sometimes they stall or spin out and they go down. If they kill the machine before it goes under than its fine, there are plugs in the bottom of their motors and stuff that they can pull to drain the water.

ive been there and seen a sled go down, get pulled out after the race, drug to the shore, and within 5 minutes the guy was riding it in the next race.

ill look for some vid's, it is very cool, the first time i couldnt believe my eyes.

Old 02-23-2005, 09:01 AM
Pro Rider

That is cool. I seen guys waterskip over ponds with them, I just thought they were going so fast that it carried them over it. That would be a blast.

Old 02-23-2005, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider

The RX-1 or as I like to refer to it as the 1-Ton is a tank to heavy and does not accelerate like a 2-stroke. If you have a 15 mile stretch of lake then yes it can get up to speed but the 05 MachZ will smoke it day in and day out. I am sure if you put a turbo on the RX-1 it would be really fast but then it would be usless in the trails. Also you can put a turbo on the MachZ and get better performance.

I own a 05 MachZ and it is nice but still not as nice as the MXZ in the trails. I had my MachZ to somewhere around 115-120 in about 300 to 400 ft or un-packed lake. I don't know exact speed because it was hard to see the speedo and keep the ski's on the ground while my helmet was getting beaten around by the wind.

As for the Polaris Fusion it looks like it COULD be a really nice sled but I have talked with to many people who have under 1000 miles and have been blowing motors up from sh$tty cranks. I know of one guy that has been though 3 cranks. From what I have heard they shake like a son of ab*** polaris came out with a fix that was sticking a rubber pad under the handle bar clamp to reduce the shakes. What they need to do is put a balanced crank in that motor.

Also any MachZ owners should now that the clutch was sent from the factory set at 6 when it should be down around 3. It will give you more off the line and a higher top end.

I have not raced a Fusion but I talked with a guy that has a Fusion and his buddy has a MachZ and he said the MachZ would beat it. I don't know the race details he just said the MachZ was faster hands down. He is putting a balanced crank into his motor so maybe that will make a differance I do know a friend that was up at colmen state park and got radared in the 300ft at 110mph that was before the clutch settings and mild picks he is picking it up to I think 244 and running again at the Sno-Deo next weekend. I am guessing he will get 120

Here is some video of Grass Drags/Water Crossing and some SledNeck's thrown in. Registration Required

Old 02-23-2005, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: NEWDUCK
I see all of you are flat land sledders so i would say the baddest sled stock is the machz 1000. But put a turbo on the rx-1 and you can get up to 390 hp.
I'm sure the RX-1ton is a great trail sled... and 390 HP would be alot of fun... but I'm sorry.. 4 strokes do not belong in a mountain sled! 390HP in a 600+# sled still = stuck big time in the steep and deep (Gotta winch truck handy?)

They do have their place, I just think Yammiehaw is missing the boat in the mountain segment... I still think my old MM700 is a great mountain sled, although it's pretty darn heavy compared to the big boys of today...

Old 02-23-2005, 11:34 AM
Range Rover

Just to let you know Redline has gone out of business. The other manufacturers are light years ahead of Redline. A sled works like a automatic quad. There is a primary clutch, a secondary and then from the secondary there is the jackshaft, which connects to the chaincase, which drives the track. Kinda confusing I know but its fairly simple once you know how it works.

BTW Flatland riding and going 120mph isn't where sleddin' is at. Head west and play with the big boys in the hills!

Old 02-23-2005, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

I was watching ripleys belive it or not show and this guy rode a snowmobile like 10 miles out into the artic sea i belive and turned around and came back. (this was like 2 years ago) I thought it was pretty bad A$$

Old 02-23-2005, 10:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Just to let you know Redline has gone out of business. The other manufacturers are light years ahead of Redline. A sled works like a automatic quad. There is a primary clutch, a secondary and then from the secondary there is the jackshaft, which connects to the chaincase, which drives the track. Kinda confusing I know but its fairly simple once you know how it works.
Thats cool. I know they had more machines last year and 2 years ago. Ive never really been on many sleds, so dont know what the hot setup. I do know they are fast as all heck!!!

I might be buying a buddies gold cart with a 600 cc Artic cat sled motor though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

RoostKing...

Old 02-24-2005, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

That is cool, ten miles in the ocean is cool.

Old 02-24-2005, 08:16 AM
Pro Rider

yeah it was on ripleys, i saw the same episode.

it doesnt look that hard riding them on water, just the turns you dont want to spin ou or slow down too much because then your goin down.

Quick Reply: bad A** SNOWMOBILE