Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Broken exhaust stud on warrior

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 11:07 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken exhaust stud on warrior

I was riding in the pismo dunes last week and broke a stud that mounts the exhaust to the head. I had on bad crash bending the head light slightly. I noticed the exhaust became loader the next day. Anybody else break a mounting stud?

Old 02-22-2005, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

Yea we did break a stud...Had to take it to the Parkers @ coos bay because we didn't have the right tools to take it out. But i have no idea what made it break...maybe that jump my friend did that broke the engine mounts [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-23-2005, 05:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

yea it happened to me on my warrior i was putting on my DG pipe and header and the nut was rusted to the stuf and i tightened it to much cause i couldnt tell how much it was on so it snapped and i couldnt get it out with easy outs i tried but ididnt want to snap the easy outs off in the stuf cause there hard to drill threw so i drilled it and retreaded it and its all good now

2000 Yamaha Warrior

DG exhaust system

dynojet kit

ITP holeshots and rims

Old 02-23-2005, 05:21 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

I broke one. And broke a reverse drill bit in it, then broke an easy out, then ended up gettin pissed and gave it to a friend to take to his shop and they managed to get gget all that crap out and i think the helicoil or sumpin and yeah. Now i put never sieze on everything that is aluminum to steel and red locktight on all the motor mounts and suspension mounts.

Old 02-24-2005, 12:04 AM
Trailblazer

had the same problem on my raptor I ended up breaking a easy-out in the stud. then I was at anyones mercy, I had to bring it to a machine shop, it ended up costing 200 dollars I think that was cheap I think it could have been much more. They ended up making a jig, they did all of there work threw the hole that they made in the inch steel. they had to drilling around the stud and chisel the stud out, then they put a helicoil in then I was good to go. hope this helps

Old 02-24-2005, 02:24 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the responses.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I think this repair is going to the shop and save me some headaches. I tend to break bits on jobs that don't require a lot of precision. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]