Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Lights for my raptor

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 11:32 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lights for my raptor

I am going to put two sets of trail tech light on my raptor, one down were the stock lights go, and handle bar lights. I am being told that i have to upgrade my stator. What is the watts on a stock stator. Any help would be great.

Old 02-24-2005, 01:15 AM
Trailblazer

I have been running 2 sets of trail tech hid's and the stock lights with piaa bulbs, thats a total of 6 lights on the stock stator. I've had them on there about 1 1/2 years with no charging problems. I have used them for desert racing at night with no problems.I have mine set up with 2 flood hid's mounted on my PRM summit bumper and 2 spot hid's mounted on the handle bars, and the stock lights. The hid's use less watts than the regular halogens though.

Old 02-24-2005, 04:28 AM
Pro Rider

i was running 200W worth of TT halogens. never had a problem. now i run one set on handlebars and it works as well as both only less stress on the stator. i have the mr16 housings from tt. I only have Good things to say about TT. Jen @ TT has hooked me up with anythign and evrything ive needed for teh light set up. I tried out the HIds and i dint like them she sent me another set and after every thing I ended up keeping the halogens. i do a great deal of night riding and lighting is key for Me. you ll have to tryout set ups until you find the one YOU like.
HIDs look Great but if you want them fo r lighting i wouldnt recommend them Unless you go with a high output like teh BAjaDesign set up. that set up looks BItching and light up even better. retail $1500+ thats another story

I have mine set up with 2 flood hid's mounted on my PRM summit bumper and 2 spot hid's mounted on the handle bars,
HAve you tried spot and flood on top and flood and spot on the bottom?? i had the two spots on top and teh floods on bottom and it didnt work as well as teh one spot one flood on top and bottom. just a suggestion, might work better for you.

Old 02-24-2005, 04:29 AM
Range Rover

Ive been using hids that go dirrectily into the stock housing. got them at the hidstore.com

Old 02-24-2005, 09:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jcdraptor
Ive been using hids that go dirrectily into the stock housing. got them at the hidstore.com
Just replacement bulbs for that amount of money??? I would rather get the PIIA ones that go in the stock lighting for $60.00.

Old 02-24-2005, 10:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thank You all for your help. I greatly appreciate it.

Old 02-24-2005, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider

If your going to go with Trail Tech, i highly advice you speak to JEN for you tech support she is awesome and has also hooked me up big time.

Old 02-24-2005, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider

SHe sounds HOT over teh phone. I love calling. LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2005, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Ive always talked to kelly, doesnt sound hot, but does help out. Whos this JEN girl you guys are talking about? I might have to call and ask for her [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2005, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

dont bother she is married and has two kids. i allready asked.. she is like 34 or something.

Quick Reply: Lights for my raptor