Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

G-Force Axles

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 02:52 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G-Force Axles

Looking for G-Force axle to replace stock axle on '02 Raptor - the only place I've found so far that carries them is Rocky Mountain ATv - and they are apparently out of stock until the end of March. If anyone knows where else to get them - would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

Old 02-26-2005, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default G-Force Axles

thats the only place ive seen, im pretty sure Rockymountain makes them or something because i havent seen them anywhere else....

Old 02-26-2005, 06:20 PM
Trailblazer
Default G-Force Axles

I think Rocky Mountain makes them as well. It's one of their exclusive items it seems.

Old 02-26-2005, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default G-Force Axles

Yeah I just put mine on the other day. It is an awesome purchase. Very well made and looks great too. You wont regret it. I ordered my stuff back in like Jan. and got it a week ago. Worth the wait though.

Old 02-26-2005, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default G-Force Axles

About the only place I saw them for sale is RMATV too and they seem to be always out. If your going to be racing MX, I wouldnt recommend this axle, couple people from other forums have bent them racing. For just trail riding i dont think you can go wrong tho.

Old 02-27-2005, 12:50 PM
Trailblazer
Default G-Force Axles

Thanks for the info - I talked to Rocky Mtn. - they told me they were sold out and weren't expecting another shipment until late March. Their ad in the Nov. 04 DirtWheels indicates that they are the exclusive US distributor. I was hoping to find out how to contact G-Force direct or from a non-US distributor. Haven't been able to find anthing with Google search.

I don't race - primarily ride dunes at Glamis. Last weekend (Murphy's Law) while about as far away from camp as you can get my left rear wheel came completely off while on a large bowl running 3rd gear pinned. Luckily I was able to bring it to a stop without crashing. The nut that holds the wheel hub was gone and couldn't find it. Was able to get the wheel back on - put 3 washers on and a key ring where the cotter pin normally goes - was able to make it back to camp in first gear going over the dunes.

On further inspection, the splines on the wheel hub and the end of the stock axle are shot - I guess I've got to decide if saving a couple hundred bucks is worth not riding for a month. I'm running Alba pro A-arms and Works triple rate shocks on the front and Sand Sport Wheel extenders on the back. I figured if I'm going to have to get a new axle - get an extender one and do away with the wheel spacers.

Greg

Old 02-27-2005, 01:56 PM
Trailblazer
Default G-Force Axles

they are made by tusk

Old 02-27-2006, 11:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default G-Force Axles

does anyone know if a g force axle for a yfz 450 will fit into a stock raptor 660 arm

Old 02-28-2006, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider
Default G-Force Axles

Rocky Mountain ATV owns Tusk, which is the maker of the G-Force. Tusk and G-Force are a RMATV exlusive, and can't be found anywhere else. Get the G-Force i've had mine on over a year and a half and i LOVE it. I woudnt recommend it for MX racing, but anything else it works great!.

Old 02-28-2006, 09:39 AM
Trailblazer
Default G-Force Axles

I ended up going with the DuraBlue Eliminator Axle .... paid a little more for it but have had no problems or complaints.

Quick Reply: G-Force Axles