Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

pics of shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pics of shocks?

I just won a pair of YFZ shocks for my Warrior off ebay..does anybody got these on their Warrior with pics?

Or has anyone seen them on a warrior?

did a search and Maddog said YFZ shocks are too long to fit a Warrior with stock A-arms..Speeedy where are you?

Old 02-28-2005, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider
Default pics of shocks?

my buddy has mine on his warrior
fit with no problem at all
it did make front end a little narrower though

Old 02-28-2005, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider
Default pics of shocks?

I have them on my warrior. Im sellin them though. PM me if interested.

Old 02-28-2005, 04:37 AM
Pro Rider
Default pics of shocks?

Nice Warrior pal!

your shocks should sell over 250.00..that what I paid for mine off ebay for a set of 05's anyway.

good luck and sweet pics!

Old 03-20-2005, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default pics of shocks?

Mounted them up,(no pics yet) and had no problem.

And it was my experience that you do NOT have to do any kind of grinding...I set the preload to zero and a long thin pry bar to get them in with no damage to me or the shock.

Old 03-20-2005, 06:45 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default pics of shocks?

The yfz shocks do fit on stock warrior a arms, the problem is that they are much taller than stock. The longer shocks can potentially cause problems with the ball joints because the a arms over extend when the weight is off the front end. Kind of like putting long travel on a stock front end, it doesnt work right.

But many people have gotten by without problems and loved the results. So I'm glad you got it all taken care of and I hope it rides as well as you hoped.

Old 03-20-2005, 08:56 PM
Trailblazer
Default pics of shocks?

Did the shocks fot right in because i heard that you had to grind the mounts

Old 03-23-2005, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider
Default pics of shocks?

^^^^^^^^^

No..no grinding needed for mine..set the shocks to zero preload. Nuts screwed to the top,with one full ridge showing and a 12 inch slim pry bar. I had my Gpa put the shock bolt in while I compressed the shock.

Simple operation.

Old 03-23-2005, 12:46 PM
Range Rover
Default pics of shocks?

Originally posted by: maddog56
The yfz shocks do fit on stock warrior a arms, the problem is that they are much taller than stock. The longer shocks can potentially cause problems with the ball joints because the a arms over extend when the weight is off the front end. Kind of like putting long travel on a stock front end, it doesnt work right.

But many people have gotten by without problems and loved the results. So I'm glad you got it all taken care of and I hope it rides as well as you hoped.
Do you know if that same problem exists with putting raptor shocks on a warrior, because I won a set on ebay Monday?

Old 03-23-2005, 01:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default pics of shocks?

yfz shocks are longer than raptor shocks, raptor shocks are about 2 inches or so longer than warrior shocks. Anytime you extend the shock length without a long travel front end you put more strain on the ball joints. That said, the strain is not always severe but the longer the shock you put in the more stress it puts on the joints. Raptor shocks are soft and will compress somewhat more than a yfz shock, but they dont have as much preload adjustment. I've not heard of any individual issues with raptor shocks and it will be less of a strain than the yfz shock so I wouldnt worry too much about it. I wouldnt worry a whole lot about using yfz shocks, but I would keep an eye on the front end and check it before I go riding.

Quick Reply: pics of shocks?