Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How do you feel when you ride YFZ450? How do you feel when you ride Raptor 660? How do you feel when you ride Banshee?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you feel when you ride YFZ450? How do you feel when you ride Raptor 660? How do you feel when you ride Banshee?

gawd, a raptor fanatic. i guess you're right, banshee's have a weak powerband..

care to post your dyno chart and compare hp to weight ratios?

fwiw, raptors are fun bikes imho, mebbe one of the most fun (riding wheelies and such), but they fit their niche in that type of riding.....
however, if it's a powerband you seek, the banshee will certainly meet your needs

Old 03-05-2005, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider
Default How do you feel when you ride YFZ450? How do you feel when you ride Raptor 660? How do you feel when you ride Banshee?

Since the Banshee is a lot less expensive than the YFZ I could spend the differance in price and up date the suspension on the Banshee and make a pretty good duner. Right???? Since I am 6'3" the YFZ feels cramped but the Banshee isnt that bad. I would like to find a couple of good all around dune quads for my wife and I..

Old 03-05-2005, 12:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

when ya ride a banshee when you hit powerband you have a foot long , lol j/k na they are poweful and mine is kinda cramping cuz all i have is pegs , gota put my nerfs back on

Old 03-05-2005, 12:32 AM
Trailblazer

yfz450- makes me feel like im to big for the quad. the seat is also stiffer than most but other than that it's a great quad
raptor- feels really tippy, real high in the air, kinda top heavy. other than that its has great power
banshee- feels the most comfortable. has the best seat out of the 3. great potential!

Old 03-05-2005, 12:39 AM
Trailblazer

attention ... attention... people please! ... can i please get your attention! .... zimraptor is a dumba$$! the banshee has one of the hardest hitting powerbands of any quad!

Old 03-05-2005, 02:01 AM
Pro Rider

Banshees Give Me The Greatest Feelings Period

Important Notice: Don't you dare argue with me.

Old 03-05-2005, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

zimraptor i quess some of these people just have never ridden a raptor so don't speak if you don't know. I got 22in. sand stars and i can sling my raptor anywhere i fin want to. And alky why don't you go get yourself some respect. I mean how could you call him a duma$$ when you have a pic of a cop besides your name. You giving cred to the people who outlaw what you do. Give me a damn break you don't have the right to call people a duma$$

Old 03-06-2005, 12:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

i have driven one , theyre not bad but i think they are just a little overrated , just my opinion

Old 03-06-2005, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ShadyRascal
How do you feel?? What is this, and encounter group therapy session?

Hi, I'm Steve, and I'm a rideaholic. Sometimes I just FEEL like my YFZ never listens to me, my Raptor is too needy, and yes, I've had affairs on the side with nasty ol Banshees. I feel so dirty.
omg, lol

Old 03-06-2005, 10:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, it's like this-

Riding the Banshee is all bwaaaAAAAHHHHHHH!! bwaaaAAAAHHHH!!! Ah, no, watch out for that tree! Yeeeaagghhhhh(insert trip to hospital here)

Riding the YFZ on the other hand, feels more like this; bWAAAHHHH, bWAAAHHHH, bWAAAHHHH (misses tree formerly hit by Banshee during powerband induced wheelie) BWWAAAAHHHHH, bWAAAHHHH, etc. etc.

So you see, riding a Banshee makes me feel much more pain than the YFZ. Haven't ridden a Raptor to date.

Quick Reply: How do you feel when you ride YFZ450? How do you feel when you ride Raptor 660? How do you feel when you ride Banshee?