Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Have you got what it takes to be the world's fastest?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you got what it takes to be the world's fastest?

Originally posted by: raptorblasterracer
i have seen ppl go faster than that b4.....
heck yes me 2 on my bike its a sledge hammer

hahaha but really dats crazy so u hadda hold the speed of 122 for 1/8th of a mile??

Old 03-02-2005, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Yamaha660R
Congrat's on the record......it would be a challenge just to stay on a quad at that kind of speed.
Thanks, man. You have no idea! It was a real challenge to hide low enough to not get blown off. A lot of folks don't realize, this was off-road, so the suspension was beating like a drum. But, my hat's off to Elka. They built a one off set of shocks for this event and I will forever swear by their products now. The custom Fullbore nose really made a difference in aerodynamics and the ALBA pipe deflector helped recover back pressure from the hole punched in the air. Here's a little secret, too. We are already building an engine capable of 150mph SUSTAINED. But, I've reached my personal limit. I'm too old to push that envelope and we will be looking for somebody else to pilot that Quad if we successfully build it. Wish us luck.

Old 03-02-2005, 01:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I knew staying on the quad would be a test...I ran 80mph down the interstate through a construction zone to get a radar speed and that speed alone wanted to pull you back on the bike if you didn't say down against the gas tank. Like I said, congrat's, and goodluck with the next run.

Old 03-02-2005, 01:33 AM
Pro Rider

cool to hear that. i saw your rocket raptor on the ALBA site before i was ever on the forums so its pretty cool to actually talk to the guy who did it. congradulations! hope this helps the atv nation[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-02-2005, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks again. Still not sure if we should create an association for doing this annually, though. Hi speed runs are inherently risky or else everyone would be chasing the world record. Obviously, if we create the organization, we would have all sorts of safety rules, but do you think there would be enough interest in breaking the ATV land speed records or even establishing land speed record categories like we see in motorcycles at the Salt Flats? Any thoughts appreciated.

Old 03-02-2005, 04:08 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: yamaharaptor350
Originally posted by: garrett5462
i think ive got what it takes... on my arctic cat.lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Yeah u got that F-22 raptor thrust rocket booster on the back right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
damn straight.... i got dual f-22's in the back, its the only way to go....

Old 03-02-2005, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: afterburner
I'm too old to push that envelope and we will be looking for somebody else to pilot that Quad if we successfully build it.Wish us luck.
Ill do it...but only with a really good steering stabilizer.I figure in a couple of years Ill have nothing left to loose,hit me up then. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-02-2005, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

Some of you may have seen the April Dirt Wheels which debuts my rocket powered Raptor. It is also on the Albaaction.com site. What many didn't know was that we broke the Guiness World ATV (Quad) land speed record by sustaining 122 mph off-road, multiple back to back passes under the strict Guiness guidelines for a production ATV. It will be officially set and authenticated in a couple weeks by their rules of acceptance. BUTTTTTT....I didn't start this thread to inflate my ego, rather I wanted feedback on an idea we are kicking around. The reason we set out to break the ATV land speed record was because the Bonneville, SCTA and other U.S. timing authorities will not come out of the seventies and acknowledge Quads. Only Guiness will. By getting world recognition under a sanctioning body, we are now thinking of establishing a timing authority here in the U.S. just for Quads. We would hold meets, much like the folks at the Salt Flats and set up our own guidelines and ATV categories. What does everyone think? Are we just loopy or could there be a few others out there with a need for speed that would like to see if they can be the next hi-speed top dawg?

well guiness can say its the fastest, but only in there book.atv action sep 1988 they hit 128mph on a 585cc nitrous zilla. THAT is the worlds fastest atv i know of

Old 03-02-2005, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: spoRtRax450R
well guiness can say its the fastest, but only in there book.atv action sep 1988 they hit 128mph on a 585cc nitrous zilla. THAT is the worlds fastest atv i know of
Offroad?

Old 03-02-2005, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: spoRtRax450R
Some of you may have seen the April Dirt Wheels which debuts my rocket powered Raptor. It is also on the Albaaction.com site. What many didn't know was that we broke the Guiness World ATV (Quad) land speed record by sustaining 122 mph off-road, multiple back to back passes under the strict Guiness guidelines for a production ATV. It will be officially set and authenticated in a couple weeks by their rules of acceptance. BUTTTTTT....I didn't start this thread to inflate my ego, rather I wanted feedback on an idea we are kicking around. The reason we set out to break the ATV land speed record was because the Bonneville, SCTA and other U.S. timing authorities will not come out of the seventies and acknowledge Quads. Only Guiness will. By getting world recognition under a sanctioning body, we are now thinking of establishing a timing authority here in the U.S. just for Quads. We would hold meets, much like the folks at the Salt Flats and set up our own guidelines and ATV categories. What does everyone think? Are we just loopy or could there be a few others out there with a need for speed that would like to see if they can be the next hi-speed top dawg?

Well, like I said, we are soliciting responses to see if there could be interest in capturing ATV land speed records in various categories. If he still exists, he should challenge the record. We actually welcome it. Could be fun if we make this an annual event like the SCTA.

Quick Reply: Have you got what it takes to be the world's fastest?