Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Have you got what it takes to be the world's fastest?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you got what it takes to be the world's fastest?

Thats easy to break just throw a Busa engine in any frame and there you have it a 200MPH death wish. AHAHHA

Old 03-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: afterburner
We are talking about establishing land speed records for 50-80cc
Ok youve gone too far now...I hope your joking about this one,because thats just stupid. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2005, 05:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

imi not sure of the surface you were running on, but it may be dirt but it cant be all that rough in the first place. We run 100 yard tracks on dirt, and i guess you could say all of us race off-road too. It would be interesting to see what happens if you give a monoblock banshee a 6th gear running start and 1/8th mile to see what it runs.

On another note an LT500 with a streetbike motor previously held the record. That isnt really an oem motor at that point is it, so why would it qualify

Old 03-03-2005, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider

I would love to see the new 610 cheetah kit turned in to a top speed bike. That thing is supposed to be cappable of hitting 135 Hp on premium gas.

Old 03-03-2005, 07:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

well, 135 on gas isnt realistic. You can get 135-145 out of one on methanol though.

The only part i dont like about this record is the rolling start. Other then that this guy deserves credit as does anybody that supports this sport.

Old 03-04-2005, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DaBeechMan
imi not sure of the surface you were running on, but it may be dirt but it cant be all that rough in the first place. We run 100 yard tracks on dirt, and i guess you could say all of us race off-road too. It would be interesting to see what happens if you give a monoblock banshee a 6th gear running start and 1/8th mile to see what it runs.

On another note an LT500 with a streetbike motor previously held the record. That isnt really an oem motor at that point is it, so why would it qualify
I questioned Guiness on that, they said they accepted it because he was only the second ATV to set the record and they were just figuring out what ATV's were. Since then (2001), they have revised the rules and made it tougher. That's why we want to maintain the records here. And like I said b4, I know there are faster bikes (I never confuse faster with quicker), but we had to set the bar somewhere. By the way beech, you're pretty observant as ever. The bike is not running on gas, I run di-nitro propane, methanol and av-gas that is injected at WOT. It's a mixture concocted by Powroll.

Any chance for Dunefest this year?

Old 03-04-2005, 09:11 AM
Pro Rider

120 mph offroad? the thought of it scares the **** outta me. ive bein doing a consistent 60 on my scrammy offroad, and its scary as hell offroad. i hafta give u credit for that one... 120 on the road is nothing like 120 offroad...

Old 03-04-2005, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2004LEBANSHEE
Originally posted by: Bubba297
Originally posted by: DLRPLATE
There are faster quads out there I have seen a quad (polaris scrambler body) run 148 in the 1/8. They supposedly have a huge race in costa rica with quads. I dont know if its fair to say its a four wheeler like we see it because it is a different frame and uses a psi 1000 cc + motor or a crank shop motor depending on the race. Its insane fast he runs it on the ice sometimes but its out of control. The reason I wrote this is because at the bryon drag way they said he held the world record for fastest 4-wheeler. Is this a bunch of BS?
There are machines built that can go faster. Everyone is missing the point here. He SUSTAINED the speed for an 1/8 mile. He didnt get up to that speed and let off. It's the same as the flying mile at Bonneville.Maybe it doesnt seem that fast to some people and I am sure there are guys here that like to hold it WFO at top rpm.
WOW a whole 1/8 mile thats about 3 seconds at that speed. Whats the big deal. Its 120.

Personally I think its scaryer to hang on to a bike that will hit 130-140 in 4 seconds then ride one that goes 120 in a longer distance and oh yeah GO SLOWER. And I am still confused on how a bike with a ROCKET meets these standards. But since it does why not just get a big a$$ port job and stoker to the banshee engine add NOS and have like 90+HP gear the $hit out of it and hit a high top speed. IT would still be a stock engine and have far more HP then a raptor engine and be lighter.
120mph off road is crazy.... he has freakin pattal tires on the back? do you knwo how freakin unstable that must feel? even if its for 3 sec thats some scary ****, id like to see u do it without cr@ping ur pants. u must have never gona that fast on somethin b4... ive done 127 on my cousins gsxr and that is scary fast. i couldnt immagin doin that on a 4wheeler, expecily off road. 2004LEBANSHEE u must have never gone that fast on somethin b4....

Old 03-04-2005, 11:11 AM
Pro Rider

i give u all the credit in the world.... then some more for doin that

Old 03-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Elite Pro Rider

my arctic cat can go faster than all of u! no, wait, my snowmobile can go faster.lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Have you got what it takes to be the world's fastest?