Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Mounting heated grip switch on 05 Grizzly

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mounting heated grip switch on 05 Grizzly

OK....I give up....wheres the best spot to mount the toggle switches for the heated grips and throttle thumb warmer? Additionally....I was thinking of connecting the throttle warmer to the hot wire for the taillights (as the instructions say) and the heated grips to the accessory line of the ignition swithch (wherever the heck that is accessible). Anyone have any great suggestions? I picked up a 4 prong relay at the auto supply store....but I don't see the need or advantage to it. I thought it should have been a 5 prong so that the accessory power would power it (turning it on) so that it would draw direct from the battery. Am I wrong in what the purpose of a relay is for? Should I just connect both the grips and throttle warmers to the accessory wire direct or will that be too much draw? The grips are under the factory type Kimpex and the throttle warmer will be in tuesday from the Yamaha dealer. Thanks for any infor....hoping to have it working for tomorrow to play on the ice... (its friggin cold up here!!!)

Old 03-11-2005, 08:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider

i connected mine to the plastic body around the neutral light, reverse light, hot temp and high beam light but i dont know what it is like on a grizz.

Old 03-11-2005, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

I'm afraid they would get accidently tripped/broken there when I carry icefishing crap on the front rack.....its too bad because there might be room enough behind those areas for the backside of the toggle switches....

Old 03-11-2005, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

bump....HELP!!!!!!

Old 03-11-2005, 11:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider

what about some where on the handle bars. is there a plastic part near where u put the key in where u can drill a hole and mount it? just wondering.

Old 03-11-2005, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

no...nothing plastic there. I might have to electrical tape an aluminum bracket on the bars to use it for now....but I keep looking at that that stupid ugly placard about don't drive drunk etc and thinking that would be a perfect support for the switch as long as I can put some kinda protective box around the backside in the wheel well so the switch housing and wiring dont get destroyed by the elements. That little circle with the line thru it would be a great place to put a switch......

Old 03-11-2005, 11:31 PM
Elite Pro Rider

ohhh, i think i know what yur talking about, the part where it says not to ride on public roads and not drive under drugs and not drive with a passenger? that would be good, just dont kick it or hit it with anything.

Old 03-12-2005, 02:34 AM
Pro Rider

Yea...thats my only concern....accidently hitting it when I'm messin with the shifter. Especially being that I'm gonna connect direct to the battery cause I can't figure out which wire would be best to tap into thats on the accessory circuit........

Old 03-12-2005, 10:52 AM
Pro Rider

I mounted my winch switch onthat plate. It works great.

Old 03-12-2005, 11:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

I mounted my toggle switch for the handle bar heaters to the right of the speedometer, in the space between the speedometer and the outside of the dash housing. I also mounted a switch for a 129db air horn, and a toggle switch to override the reverse speed limiter. The air horn button and speed limiter override toggle I mounted on the left side of the speedometer. this was on a 2003 grizzly, I don't know how big the switches are that you want to mount, but can see if they will fit there.

Quick Reply: Mounting heated grip switch on 05 Grizzly