Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor Grinding Noise? Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor Grinding Noise? Please help!

hey all. lately my one-was has been on a one-way road to the dump.(hehe thats a good one) Sometimes it would free-spin, ide just rock the quad and it would allways grab. today i just finished working on my carbs, and i go to fire it up and it starts and runs fine. then i go to pull it into my driveway and like it would go smooth, then like every 10 ft or so i would hear this grinding sound coming from the engine ( i have no idea what part) and if i would Stop in that like section, it would just grind, i dont know what this noise is! the engine runs fine and the one-way still starts. it doesnt make the noise untill the engine starts. I took the cover off where the oneway is, and i could turn the engine over with the flywheel ( i think thats it) and when i turned the engine over it was smooth and no grinding noise... im pretty sure its the oneway just want to make sure befor i spend the 200$. thanks, also, if it is the oneway just grinding, is it ok to ride it like that? like will it go away.

Old 03-26-2005, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

BUMP plz help

Old 03-27-2005, 04:24 AM
Range Rover

Not sure what you are saying in detail. Did you say that when you are cruising you get a grinding sound every 10 feet?
When my one-way went bad it never made a bad sound when the engine was running. Every 3 starts or so the starter motor would free-spin couple of times then make a big clang sound and a brief grind when it would engage. Did this mostly when the engine was warm.
The LA one-way I put in works flawless.

Old 03-28-2005, 04:45 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

pieces of your one way could have broken loose and be caught near some moving parts.....

probably even stuck to the flywheel magnet and contacting the stator as it rotates

just a guess i guess[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]