Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Easter ride report, Kenz built 727

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 12:16 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easter ride report, Kenz built 727

Sorry for the delay, immediately upon my return from Glamis I had to go out of town on business.

It takes a lot of fine tuning to get your bike working together as a system. Ken put plenty of power in the motor but, there was a problem somewhere between the handlebars and the foot pegs, I needed to figure out how to ride it.

Each day after long dune rides we stopped by Olds hill. I raced the hill for awhile and this quad rocked, it kicked A$$. It not only beat the 450s, Banshees, and other Raptors, I was catching and passing dirt bikes and buggies. These people who were used to winning could not believe they were getting beat. They were signaling me at the top “one more”. The faster bikes started coming out of the woodwork. If I was parked they would circle my quad, revving it up. Even if they got the jump on me, they got beat like the rest. This bike would be lethal in the hands of good rider.

My wife usually just tolerates my son and me racing up Olds hill. She usually just sits there at the bottom watching us race up, turn around and do it again. I let my son race the Raptor while I sat with my wife and watched. My wife said “this is cool, worth every penny.”

This was repeated the second day as well.

The only problem I had was running out of gas. After racing I had enough gas to ride through the small dunes and back to camp. I just couldn’t keep racing up the hill because the steep angles and acceleration would uncover my tank valve. So, I need to either go to the hill before the dune ride or bring extra gas.

Thanks go out to Ken and all the guys at Cycle Tech!

Old 04-01-2005, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

Glad to hear you did well. I was also out on Easter trying out my new KENZ 727 combo. My weekend did not go as well however. It started, and ended, with a tossed chain. Which broke my case saver, and locked up the front sprocket. She now needs to go back to Ken for some transmission repairs. Apparently the transmission was unable to take all that KENZ power coming to a dead stop from WOT.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-01-2005, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider

Congrats fellas...No doubt about it...Ken builds a bad @ss Raptor. And Raptoraz...Don't feel bad...My front sprocket is wabbling back and forth and side to side and wearing out the shaft. My problem is I need to quit eating the Jumbo Jacks with cheese and Corona's and start eating more salads with a bottle of water instead.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-01-2005, 05:32 PM
Range Rover

Stallion, all I can say is you are right on target.

Old 04-01-2005, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider

Congrats on the Kenz 727 build. I was in Tucson this past week nice place. Lots of places to ride!!

Old 04-01-2005, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

Dam Ernie....ya shoulda called...Rapfam and myself would have showed ya a good time.

Old 04-01-2005, 11:04 PM
Range Rover

Ernie, what were you doing here? Were you secretly hand carrying the Craycraft Battlestar plans to RAPFAM? Seriously, I hope you enjoyed your stay in the "Old Pueblo."

Chet

Old 04-02-2005, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

No secret plans to RapFam, I had to drive down too Sonora Mexico's Copper Ore Mines. The company I work for sold them a Hydraulic Boom System for there rock crusher units. It well very well and it looks like I will have to be down there again very soon to do another start up. I will look you guys up next time I am down there!!

Old 04-02-2005, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CoyoteRiverRaptor
the Craycraft Battlestar plans

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-02-2005, 06:30 PM
Range Rover

Hey Stallion, my wife was reading this thread and said "that was rude."

I meant to say from personal experience, I could probably do a few more "push aways" from the dinner table myself.

Later Chet

Quick Reply: Easter ride report, Kenz built 727