Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Building A "Sleeper" Banshee suggestions from open minded people please.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 03:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building A "Sleeper

Okay here's the deal I have an 04 Banshee that is totally stock other than a 13T front sprocket. I want to build this Banshee to be as fast as possible using the stock pipes. I also want the engine to appear as stock as possible from the outside. I have around $1,000 to spend what should I do?

I was thinking:

Ported stock head
timing advance key
uni filter

What else could I do that would benefit me with the stock pipes, reeds?? I know before any of you try to tell me that I would gain so much more with aftermarket pipes but I REALLY want this thing to appear stock for this summer. Please make some suggestions as to what you would do to build the ultimate sleeper for $1k

Old 04-03-2005, 03:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Building A "Sleeper

Basically just pipe it and keep the flashy chrome and such off the bike. Leave as much as you can stock in appearance.

Old 04-03-2005, 04:18 AM
Rem
Pro Rider
Default Building A "Sleeper" Banshee suggestions from open minded people please.

way to read his post well... in my opinion though, a sleeper is not worth it, if you have a grand to spend, get pipes, a good port job www.moto814 for details and reed valves, that thing will push 55-60 HP

Old 04-03-2005, 05:40 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Building A "Sleeper" Banshee suggestions from open minded people please.

Originally posted by: Rem
way to read his post well...
He originally left the post blank, if you look he edited it after I posted. Way to pay attention well... And from the change in name of the thread, I'm not sure he realized that either.

Old 04-03-2005, 10:47 AM
Pro Rider

i no that toomey makes a black finished t-5 set of pipes so it appears stock but its not so i would check those out or even get w/e pipes u want and spray them w/ high temp black paint you can do everysingle mod and just get it powder coated to the stock color and no one will realli notice but lik rem said pipes good port job reed valves u cant go wrong say about 250 for porting from that moto place then 4-600 on pipes another 1-200 on reeds and u got your self a sick *** banshee that will appear stock

Old 04-03-2005, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider
Runs a DS870 that will flat out Shit and Git!

I read that the Cheetah Cub cylinders made 65 hp on a Banshee with stock pipes, stock head and carbs. The cubs are $875. But you would still need the stroker crank and it is about 500-600. Anyway, if you went this route you could paint/PC the Cubs black, and with the stock head it would look kinda look stock.

Old 04-03-2005, 08:01 PM
Trailblazer

hey overrated - where they selling cheetah cub cylinders for $875??
thanks..

Old 04-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: fourjs
hey overrated - where they selling cheetah cub cylinders for $875??
thanks..
LCperformance or A&S racing has them for that price....... And I might add you can use a stock stroke crank...................

Old 04-10-2005, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider

If you must use the stock pipes, pipes can be modified to change where they make power. Wouldnt be easy though. Maybe you can pay a custom pipe fabricating place to work em over without chaing the appearance too much. Oh yeah, forgot to mention. You dont port a two strokes head. Theres nothing there but a chunk of metal with a dome cut into it and water passages for cooling.

Old 04-10-2005, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider

Friend of mine just got some black FMF pipes on ebay for $84. They look like the stockers but the sound gives it away. We got rid of the airbox lid (Cant even fit a golf ball through the snorkle) and jetted it with 260s and 30 pilots. If I didnt know those pipes werent stock, I wouldnt've noticed when racing. You could get something like he did and maybe bore it with hi-comp pistons, keep the stock heads and get bigger carbs. I like the way I have my raptor setup, looks like its just got a pipe and intake, but its got some other mods [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Building A "Sleeper" Banshee suggestions from open minded people please.