Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Help Installing TrailTech Computer Billet Dashboard on my Raptor 660

Old 04-14-2005, 12:02 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Installing TrailTech Computer Billet Dashboard on my Raptor 660

Hey guys,

I have a 2005 Raptor 660 and i got my trailtech computer about a week and a half ago along with the billet dashboard. I'm having a problem installing the dashboard. Can anyone help me figure out how to get the indicator lights mounted in the dashboard correctly? I worked on this thing for a good half an hour yesterday and could not get it. So instead, i only ended up changing the oil (first oil change) and installing my pro flow k&n intake (noticeable difference). Can any of you with this help me out? Thanks.

Old 04-14-2005, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry cant help but let us know what you figure out that is my next purchase[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2005, 08:35 PM
rc3
Pro Rider

patience, and you will get it, the first thing that you have to do is get the black rubber pieces to slide up into the billet clamp to help it you can use a real small screw driver or even a set of needle nose pliers, however be gentle with the needle nose not to rip them, and you will know when you get it all the way up like it is suppost to be, once it is in there right, just push the lens into the rubber piece

Old 04-14-2005, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

hey if your stuck give trail tech a call, talk to jenny, they have hands down the best customer support. hope you have long distance, cuz she likes to talk A LOT

Old 04-15-2005, 11:14 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the suggestions guys. If i can't get it, i'll call trailtech up. I struggled trying to get the rubber boot into the holes. It seems like everytime i "thought" i got it in there, when i went to push the lens in, it'd push the rubber boot back out. And since i have very little patience, i was getting very pissed off lol (i kinda threw the billet dashboard on the ground a few times). Anger management is not something i use in cases like this lol. I guess the other problem i have is that i lost the plastic nut that holds the ignition switch lol. I can get a new one from the dealer for $2.50, so its not too bad, right now i'm just using a zip-tie to hold it in. It just seems like the billet dashboard is thicker than the plastic dashboard where the boots go. I can get it in there with no problem. oh well, i guess as a last resort i can use hot glue or something like that lol.

Old 04-15-2005, 11:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

RC3 is right on the money,
I just went through this a week or so ago, I also cleaned up the holes in the billet a little, with some 320
paper then I had a little problem pushing the bulbs out when trying to push the lens in.
Just keep at it, and it probably does not help when you throw things. I know it makes you feel better
Dee