Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What Banshee parts do you take with yourself, when going camping for few days?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 05:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What Banshee parts do you take with yourself, when going camping for few days?

Originally posted by: NastyNate03
hey maddog56 what brand tire sealant do you use
I've tried a few. Fix a flat, Gunk aerosol, Gunk branded slime, and the real Slime. The real slime works the best of that group, but I've found it doesnt hold up for ice racing. I've heard of a larger grit slime specially made for low pressure tires and I'm going to try that if I can find it.

Old 05-05-2005, 06:00 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Banshee parts do you take with yourself, when going camping for few days?

Originally posted by: ZimRaptor
Originally posted by: maddog56
Zim if you dont have anything nice to say,...shut up.

My cousin brings along lots of extra oil and an extra gas can (2 total), you can get gas anywhere but good 2 stroke oil might be hard to find. Half a dozen good or new spark plugs and thats about it. We bring the regular stuff like the toolbox, chain links and master links, tire sealant, etc etc and just leave it in the trailer most of the trip.

Cant forget the cooler, tie downs, and a utility quad to carry it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
hey man i was only joking around, u guys take everything so seriously lol
dont forget the beer? lol

Old 05-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Trailblazer

Glad to see your off of the burnout topic ehlit dew!!

depends for how many days....if its 5 days i bring 2 pistons and 2 rods
I do some hard riding and i dont have to replace 2 piston and 2 rods in a 5 day span.

Old 05-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: redneckcav24
Glad to see your off of the burnout topic ehlit dew!!

depends for how many days....if its 5 days i bring 2 pistons and 2 rods
I do some hard riding and i dont have to replace 2 piston and 2 rods in a 5 day span.
yes but u dont own a banshee [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img], once again guys just kidding

Old 05-05-2005, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

Lots of mixed gas......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-05-2005, 11:50 PM
jas
Range Rover

i'll try to tally that up for u
spark plugs
gas
gas oil
tie rods
tires
tires scelent
AIR PUMP
screws
lug nuts
thats all i take

Old 05-06-2005, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

For those who think 6 spare plugs are necessary for a two day trip you ought to try re-jetting. I have over 6 months and about 15 days of dune riding on last pair of new plugs. You are also more than likely not getting the performance you should be getting.
I take 2 plugs, extra premix, tire plug materials, and main and pilot jets.

Old 05-06-2005, 04:04 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can speak directly to me, dont beat around the bush.

When you are rejetting, as we often have to do at the beginning of a trip, its nice to have clean, good plugs that you can chop and read. Its also very possible to foul a plug on some of the slower, tighter trails even with good jetting. We like to be prepared and when plugs run 2 bucks each I dont care if I have a few too many.

Old 05-06-2005, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider

I would bring those bolts that tightens the chain. I use to go through those quite regularly.

Old 05-07-2005, 04:12 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: oldturtle
For those who think 6 spare plugs are necessary for a two day trip you ought to try re-jetting. I have over 6 months and about 15 days of dune riding on last pair of new plugs. You are also more than likely not getting the performance you should be getting.
I take 2 plugs, extra premix, tire plug materials, and main and pilot jets.
like i said i dont bring my extra 6 spark plugs because my banshee fouls them but just incase and there cheap. i bought them, i might as well bring them with me they take up hardly any space.

Quick Reply: What Banshee parts do you take with yourself, when going camping for few days?