Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Bruin 350 4x4 No high/low range, your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 07:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bruin 350 4x4 No high/low range, your opinion

I have had no problems with the bruin having no hi/low. Plowed the snow just fine, goes up steep hills, through mud pits.
I usually ride with bigger utes then my own and I have no problem staying with them on the trails...of course like everyone knows, its no speed demon so on them hard pack straightaways I'll be eating the dust. I have had mine for 6 months and ride it pretty hard, no complaints as of yet. Good cheap 4x4. I would recommend.

Old 06-21-2006, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider

My opinion you should get a kodiak 400. IRS makes the good thing about it

Old 06-21-2006, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: beagles
crude machine that will go anywhere. no engine braking whatsoever. i learned not to sit on mine and bounce over rough descents at a generally unsafe speed. This thing will boggle the mind. It dances over obstacles and leaves my pals long behind. Just let it find its own speed on descent and ride it like a trail bike. Incredible! ..... Did I mention crude? The rear brakes squeak and always will. the brake pads used to not last very long and my wife will burn em up. now she likes my rubicon so maybe i can go back to fun on the bruin. Maintenance on this thing is a joke compared to the rubicon.simple crude machine built to ride and last. In hindsight i woud buy a rancher -S- FM. but i guess i just think hondas are pretty. Did i mention this machine is crude.....

beagles
I dont know about the rest of us hear, but my machine has awsome engine brakes. They are actually better than the ones on my dads Twin Peaks 700(Prairie 700). Although with the Twin Peaks all you have to do is put it in low range for real steep hills.

Old 06-21-2006, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: beagles
crude machine that will go anywhere. no engine braking whatsoever. i learned not to sit on mine and bounce over rough descents at a generally unsafe speed. This thing will boggle the mind. It dances over obstacles and leaves my pals long behind. Just let it find its own speed on descent and ride it like a trail bike. Incredible! ..... Did I mention crude? The rear brakes squeak and always will. the brake pads used to not last very long and my wife will burn em up. now she likes my rubicon so maybe i can go back to fun on the bruin. Maintenance on this thing is a joke compared to the rubicon.simple crude machine built to ride and last. In hindsight i woud buy a rancher -S- FM. but i guess i just think hondas are pretty. Did i mention this machine is crude.....

beagles
I'd just like to add the the quad may be a little crude.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] LOL

Old 06-22-2006, 03:42 PM
Trailblazer

TEH (didn't feel like typing),
I also have an '05 Bruin 350 2x4 and it's a great machine. It doesn't have ANY bells and whistles, but it does everything you need it to. A speedo and tripometer would be nice, but you can add the after market hour meter (ENG-METER-2C-01 $43.95 ) from Yami just to keep track of your hours for maintenance. My wife loves it and it's very easy for her to ride and handle. It has almost the same rack and towing capacity as my Brute Force 750! A great machine for the money! My only regret was not getting the 4x4 version.
I haven't had a single problem with mine and I would guess I have approx. 500 miles on it. You definitely can't go wrong with the Bruin......

P.S. Have you priced them out yet? What kind of deal are you getting on one in your area? You can get them for right around $4400 for the 4x4 out the door by me.

Old 07-17-2006, 04:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have the 350 bruin 4x4 and I love it don't need low gear its perfect for low or high it has an excellent trany in it
it I recommend it to anyone hands down It takes the hills with no problem the automatic ajusts to any rider