ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   BEST quad ever (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/206328-best-quad-ever.html)

PolishCowboyPL 06-08-2005 02:50 PM

BEST quad ever

Ya hes talkin about a 660 not the 350 hes got.

MIke.

maddog56 06-08-2005 02:59 PM

BEST quad ever

How about the breeze 125? Until the flood of chinese/taiwanese/etc minis, this bike was in a class of its own and gave young riders the stepping stone they needed after they outgrew their or were too big for thier 50-90cc atvs.

MrDumass 06-08-2005 03:17 PM

BEST quad ever

Originally posted by: maddog56
How about the breeze 125? Until the flood of chinese/taiwanese/etc minis, this bike was in a class of its own and gave young riders the stepping stone they needed after they outgrew their or were too big for thier 50-90cc atvs.
I was trying to think of the name of that quad, I was gonna mention it.

How about the BigBear/Moto4, its been around for awhile and has been dam reliable.

As far as sports go I'd say they all have their own place in greatness.

mywifesquad 06-08-2005 04:30 PM

BEST quad ever

Should it be #1, or #2 behind the raptor 80?

maddog56 06-08-2005 08:08 PM

BEST quad ever

Originally posted by: mywifesquad

Should it be #1, or #2 behind the raptor 80?
The badger was a better quad in its day.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

mywifesquad 06-08-2005 08:51 PM

BEST quad ever

The badger was a better quad in its day.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
OK, total ignorance here. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] (I'm the dirt bike guy here) The Badger was the old 80?

maddog56 06-08-2005 08:56 PM

BEST quad ever

OK, total ignorance here. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] (I'm the dirt bike guy here) The Badger was the old 80?
The raptor 80 is a badger 80 with new plastic. I started on a Honda SL70, then graduated to a CR60. Kids are better off on bikes.

Pelphrey 06-08-2005 09:19 PM

BEST quad ever

I'd personally have to say yfz 450. The raptor is a mean machine, but I don't like the way it looks too much. Yeah I know it doesn't matter what it looks like blah blah blah, but if I don't respect the bike then I have no reason being on it. Its ugly.

mywifesquad 06-08-2005 09:27 PM

BEST quad ever

The raptor 80 is a badger 80 with new plastic. I started on a Honda SL70, then graduated to a CR60. Kids are better off on bikes.
Thanks madddog56, I started on a 2 hp no suspension mini bike and never left 2 wheels. I definitely agree about kids on dirt bikes.

CTATV 06-08-2005 10:09 PM

BEST quad ever

Originally posted by: 2FAST4URASS
THIS IS a hard one as for durabilty i would say a warrior hands down there tried and true AND FOR HANDLING and a overall kick azz design YFZ hands down and for pure power 660 raptor there power is awesome I wish i could put a 660 in a yfz frame an make it reliable as a warrior now that would be a kick azz quad. SOOOOOO I FOR ONE COULDNT PICK JUST ONE OVERALL BECAUSE ALL YAMAHA ATVS ARE GREAT AND ALL HAVE A PURPOSE except a blaster [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] haha.
sorry but for pure power the banshee bucks the Raptor for sure. Hey raptors a nice bike but even raptor owners say the banshee is the best for strait line power.

and I Agree with you totally maddog. I started in first grade on a 3 speed no clutch yamaha PW80. then did the RT100 and the RT180 before I moved to ATVs. I think they are safer and teach you great balance skills. I love my ATVs but my dirtbike will always still be in the garage.