Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee Vs. LTZ

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee Vs. LTZ

I dont have a z400, but i would be willing to race you on one and probably win. Or give me a 450 and it will really be on. But im just fine with my rappy. More or less the z400 is alot better quad for the trails than the banshee, and is much easier to go fast and still have control if that makes sense.

Old 06-29-2005, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee Vs. LTZ

z/kfx 400 hands down. its a 4 stroke.. which is made for trails. Also reverse..
Banshee is a 2 stroke.. and its made for pure speed... its powerband is not made for trails. The ground clearance is also shorter on the banshee...

Old 06-30-2005, 11:15 AM
Trailblazer
Default Banshee Vs. LTZ

z/kfx 400 hands down. its a 4 stroke.. which is made for trails. Also reverse..
Banshee is a 2 stroke.. and its made for pure speed... its powerband is not made for trails. The ground clearance is also shorter on the banshee...

Hmm so your telling me all two strokes are bad in trails? Damn I was under the impression that until the Pro-Production rules took over 250r's ruled the GNCC series. Oh wait thats right they did. Tell me have you ever heard of Kim Kunhle? He did pretty damn good racing a banshee in the GNCCs. If you want to invest the money you can make a Banshee into anything! Now if you guys like to putt around on trails then a Banshee isn't your best bet. But if you want something that powerslides like no other and handles anything well at high speeds a Banshee is damn good. Yes I know, I've owned 4 of them, and I have ridden predators, raptors, and z's. To all of you that haven't experienced the tire spinning fun of a Banshee I encourage you to take one for a spin sometime. Sure, they aren't for the timid but hey it's all about the rider. So ask yourself how fast you like to ride trails and you'll answer the question.

Old 06-30-2005, 04:34 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Default Banshee Vs. LTZ

I'm with jprog. The Banshee can be tuned. It's not ALL top end full throttle. I rode with a guy on some trails with a shee...WOW. That opened my eyes up. He pretty much just rides trails too. Different pipes work for different things. And its the rider. I've gone through whoops faster on my Warrior than friends on Zs and 400exes.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 06-30-2005, 06:13 PM
Quad Patrol
Default Banshee Vs. LTZ

Z400 for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And I think they look better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] then the outdated[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] looking banshees[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-30-2005, 07:24 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Default Banshee Vs. LTZ

Banshees have this definate look to them. NOTHING else even resembles them. Of course, there is that sound that only a Banshee makes. Nothing else on earth makes that sound. Though I too think I'd take the LTZ over the Banshee for the riding I do.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-01-2005, 09:08 AM
Trailblazer
Default Banshee Vs. LTZ

Sorry I sounded kind of harsh before. The point I was trying to make is that magazines always exagerate. Sure the Banshee isn't the most trail friendly quad out there. But if you ride the thing hard like it was meant for it is a damn good quad. With the exception of flat tires I haven't had a problem with any of them. The stock tires are thee worst tires out there though! That is a fact!!! Now if the Toomey T-5s weren't so damn loud lol.

Old 07-01-2005, 11:38 PM
Range Rover
Default Banshee Vs. LTZ

banshee
and if your a good rider you can
ride any machine through any
condition