Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Online buyers beware

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 08:59 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Online buyers beware

I tried to buy a four wheeler from ebay recently, the deal went smoothly until I sent the money. The seller had said shipping was included but after he had all of my money he asked for $600 more for shipping. I asked for my money back but he kept trying to get more money. Yesterday I was contacted by a guy that said the guy I was "buying" from had hacked his ebay account and "sold" the same four wheeler at least three or four other times. I am now working with the guy who owns the ebay account to find and prosecute this guy but it looks like I may be out some money if we can't find him. Be very careful when dealing with online sellers.

Old 06-17-2005, 09:17 AM
Pro Rider

yeah thios isnt a new thing its been happening for years can u tell us his name so we can watch out for it

Old 06-17-2005, 10:17 AM
Trailblazer

The sellers name is Daniel Goldman. I don't know if that is his real name, but that is the one he gave me.

Old 06-17-2005, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider

thanks for the heads up. i buy little things like parts off there a whole bunch but im not brave enough to buy a bike

Old 06-17-2005, 12:02 PM
Pro Rider

sorry to here that hope you get your money back

Old 06-17-2005, 12:11 PM
Range Rover

Hey man, that sux! I had the same thing almost happen to me a few months ago. This guy was selln an 86 atc250r that I bid on and won. Then he tried to get me to do all this wierd stuff with the money and sent me a fake ebay email requesting all this non-legit stuff, and since I work with ebay a lot I could tell it was fishy. I reported the email and sure enough, it was a scam and the dude got shut down. If there is anyway you can contact the person that did this, threaten to take him to court. he has a contract with you that he has now breached by not delivering the product to you. it only costs like 25 bucks to file a suit too. Just by informing him of that, it might be enough to motivate him. good luck - peace

Old 06-17-2005, 01:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

I feel sorry for you there, What method did you send your money ? If you sent it PayPal you may have a chance. Let us know more details and I am sure we can steer you in the right direction.

Old 06-17-2005, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

I to have had a bad experience in the past buying an atv off of e-bay.... As a result I don't buy anything off there any more.... The owners of e-bay do very little to correct this problem....

Old 06-17-2005, 02:23 PM
Range Rover

That is BUSCH LEAGUE I am glad I didnt buy mine of ebay cuz I did consider doing that but You should pay that guy a visit and take out a several thousand dollar a$$ whopin

Old 06-17-2005, 02:33 PM
Trailblazer

The deal supposedly took place through ebay square deal. I say supposedly because after all this happened I went to file a case and even though I had an email from square deal(which I think was fake) with the item number on it, they said that the number was invalid or does not exist. I strongly suggest to anyone buying online to see the stuff in person before you pay.

Quick Reply: Online buyers beware