Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

cops on quads???

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cops on quads???

on the florence dunes a cop pulled into our area and im like o crap. he was on and 01 raptor. and he saw me fixing bikes for the people next to us and he wanted me to listen to his bike. it was making a grinding noise in the tranny. he was a nice guy. he said the dune cops used to ride warriors but got sick of the guys on souped up banshess and stuff getting away from them i told him yeah that may be but on a warrior he wouldnt have broken down like he did. but yeah so they are out there/

Old 06-19-2005, 12:39 AM
Trailblazer
Default cops on quads???

a cop came after me on a bigbear, also i seen one of a raptor.
Even though there on a fast 4-wheeler doesn't mean they can catch you.
As long as you know the trails real good, you have it made.
It's not the machine that gets you it's how experienced the rider is.

Old 06-19-2005, 12:54 AM
Range Rover
Default cops on quads???

ive never seen a cop when ridin quads.

Old 06-19-2005, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider
Default cops on quads???

the po-po's at the dunes roll in the yfz450, good luck. FTP

Old 06-19-2005, 12:59 AM
Trailblazer
Default cops on quads???

the bylaw ride on quads like grizzlies up here but whoever gets caught by an old guy on a workin quad derserves to get their quad takin away

Old 06-19-2005, 02:41 AM
Range Rover
Default cops on quads???

...........Midnite, your buddy is an idiot.
The graveyard is full of these "drunken heros" that got away from the "cops". He got lucky.........this time. I hope he froze his *** off............
From the sound of it, he's the guy that will continue until he a) is caught, or b) kills one of us reading this forum...........hopefully it's a.
I don't think you even have a clue as to what it's like to knock on a door at 3 in the morning to tell someone their loved one is never coming home again................
Please think about it...............they will.......for the rest of their life.

Old 06-19-2005, 10:28 AM
Range Rover
Default cops on quads???

Originally posted by: midnite
I have a buddy who was drunk, and took the highway on his banshee at 12:30am to get more beer, and was spotted by 5-0. Now he has a back pack on with some beer in it, and this girl on back of the banshee. 5-0 hits the cherries and my buddie takes off. Flying down the road, weaving in and out of trafic, untill he gets to a back road. He then tears off through a field to lose the cops. Now he is hiding about 300 yards away from the cops, and he is siting with the lights out and the motor off. 25 minutes later 2 game wardens show up and unload 2 polaris700 sportsmans. And they play cat and mouse all night. He knew the area, and ran slow without lights. He got away, but if he would have been caught he would have been in a world of trouble.

midnite, your buddy is retarded.

Old 06-19-2005, 12:07 PM
Trailblazer
Default cops on quads???

two nights ago my g/f ands i go on a ride on this local deer lease that by where i live. there are two gates on opposite ends of this 5000 acres, so we head into the place through one gate. we have an ice chest full of beer and slowly ride around through the place having a good time. well about an hour and a half later we intend to come out the other gate at the other end of the property but there are two cars sitting at the end of the entrance. so we creap up with our lights off and upon turning them on we realize at least one of the cars is a cop. so we turn around and run back down the road a couple hundred yards away, just watching and drinking beer. after a couple of beers they were still sitting there and we were ready to leave (beer was making the decisions by now) i decided to go down a trail and came out about 1/4 mile from where the cops were...... when we came out onto the road there was atruck unloading a fourwheeler by the cop.... now what could that have been? it wasnt a local going for a ride thats for sure.. needless to say we didnt get caught but what an adrenaline rush!!

Old 06-19-2005, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default cops on quads???

Originally posted by: Hollywood330
...........Midnite, your buddy is an idiot.
The graveyard is full of these "drunken heros" that got away from the "cops". He got lucky.........this time. I hope he froze his *** off............
From the sound of it, he's the guy that will continue until he a) is caught, or b) kills one of us reading this forum...........hopefully it's a.
I don't think you even have a clue as to what it's like to knock on a door at 3 in the morning to tell someone their loved one is never coming home again................
Please think about it...............they will.......for the rest of their life.
First off, I never said I condoned the activity, just relaying the story. I also never said he was a "hero". But if you feel the need to use this thread as a public service anouncment, go ahead preacher man.

Old 06-19-2005, 05:23 PM
Range Rover
Default cops on quads???

cops at my house ride on john deere gators. no prob out runnin them

Quick Reply: cops on quads???