Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

New to the forum, have some exhaust questions.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 06:15 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forum, have some exhaust questions.

I just bought an 05 Sport Camo raptor and lots of goodies w/ it. Full Yoshimura RS-3 comp system, Moose pwr kit(jets, k&n, outerwear,ect..), nerf bars, and various gaurds, front bumper, and rider gear.

My question is, In yoshi's manual that came w/ the pipe, it states if I have no air box mods, I should use it w/ my stock jets. Is this true? I want to bolt this pipe up and make some noise, but i'm not confident(sp?) enough to install the jets. So, if yoshi tech is correct, can put this thing on now and just get it re-jetted w/ the new air filters at the dealership in about 3-4 weeks.(behind schedule)??

Thanks for any advice or comments.

Old 06-19-2005, 09:35 AM
Range Rover

ehlitdew, what is up with your replies? You need to lay off the crack pipe before you log on.

Geraldr, Putting that Pipe and air filter on without jetting will make your raptor run lean, Im not sure if it will hurt it or not

Old 06-19-2005, 10:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

I ran my Yoshimura TRS system with no air box mods and stock jets for a few months before I got my UNI filter and Jet Kit. It ran just fine. So if you do not mod the airbox in any way I would say you would be fine to go ahead and put your pipe on now.

Old 06-19-2005, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It should be ok.Rejetting a raptor is more time consuming than hard.If you get rid of the airlid,you definitely will need to rejet it.

Old 06-19-2005, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider

Double the carbs, double the time.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2005, 02:01 PM
Trailblazer

i'm a new raptor owner also. i just added a full yosh pipe, dynojet kit, and a k&n w/ pro flow. it wasn't too difficult, just take your time and you'll be fine. the hardest part about re jetting is taking half of the bike apart to get at the carbs.

Old 06-19-2005, 06:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Old 06-19-2005, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would take the front plastic off when rejetting.Seemed to make things go smoother.Less in the way.

Old 06-20-2005, 12:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

Alright, I couldn't wait any longer. I put on the pipe and dang, it sounds great. After letting it idle for a few min., the head pipes started to glow and I shut it off and they cooled kinda purple looking.

Everyone was saying it would be fine but, that seems extremely lean. Do I have to go ahead and re-jet it before rideing? Puting on the k&n would only make it run even more lean, correct?

A speedy reply is greatly appreciated!!

Old 06-20-2005, 01:00 AM
Range Rover

That is normal my ct pipe has a nice purple tinge to it and I am still running rich. I am pretty sure you should'nt have to re jet with just the exhaust, but if you have the air box modifications why would'nt you? It is not that hard just a little time consuming. I'm sure there must be a friend of a friend that has done this and is willing to lend a hand.

Quick Reply: New to the forum, have some exhaust questions.