Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Pure sport bandits

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 01:01 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pure sport bandits

Anyone try these tires? I was thinking pretty hard about holestot hd's but sounds like they are really soft. I was also wondering if anyone has been riding down a trail and hit a root or a big rock and got there front tire pinched wrecking the sidewall? Is there any cure for this?

Old 06-22-2005, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

Got them for the Warrior w/ Stock rims. Even without the rims these things are heavy! But traction is very good and wear is excellent! We've ridden those tires for a while and not to mention they were used before us!! They won't be the best in traction but they'll get the job down for a long time

Old 06-22-2005, 01:26 AM
Range Rover

So pretty good traction and excellent wear hey. What about my front tire problem any cures?

Old 06-22-2005, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

I had some bandits on my timber wolf back in 96 i loved em i dont think you could have poked a hole in em with a ice pick and as blind side said the will LAST FOREVER i kept mine on the road didnt seem 2 phaze them. And about the sidewall how big of a hole is it i had a rock put about a half inch slit on my front tire of my raptor i just put 2 plugs in it been atleast a month with no problem.i cut the end of the plug off after i had it in and caught it on fire with a lighter to let it melt down sumthen when it gets nice and pliable get a >FLAT HEAD< screw driver and rub the hot tar all over the slit bonds well.

Old 06-22-2005, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

My ds came with bandits, and they had about %40 tread left, well I wound up plugging the left front twice, right front once, and the right rear got a half inch split INSIDE the tire which couldn't be plugged or patched, and I ride in sand. Imo your best bang for the buck on tires are kenda klaws. But it's a free country, get what you want.

Old 06-22-2005, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

I ride these tires in the Arizona desert. Its a tasteful mixture of rocks and cactus. These tires are durable as he11 and hook up. You wont go wrong with them. They definitely are wear and puncture resistant. I have bought these tires for years for all of my machines.

The other great thing about these tires is that they are the only sport tire that has a 10 inch width. This helps me squeeze my quad into the bed of my 01 Crew Cab.

Old 06-22-2005, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Turtler, is it posible to just pull off the road, unload a bike and tear off through the desert?? I mean is the desert state land, private property, or no mans land?? Is it posible to just explore the desert, and not worry who's property your on?? Just curious about this.

Old 06-22-2005, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

The cool thing about Arizona is that my 02 Raptor is street legal and I don't have to unload from anywhere. Obviously you can't ride on private land without permission or the Indian Reservations all over the state. Some state trust land is motor vehicle prohibited. But the good news is that BLM land and national forests are open for riding. There is tons of open space to ride which is a blast. You can ride on State Trust Land for about $20/year although I haven't ever been asked if I have bought one.

Sand dunes to high country pine forest riding, it is hard to beat riding out here.

Im heading to the high country this weekend, its 112 in the desert and 80s up in the mountains.

Old 06-22-2005, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

Can any quad be made street legal, or is your raptor highly modified to be made street legal. Either way arizona sounds cool.

Old 06-23-2005, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider

Any quad can be street legal, probably not minis that can't go the speed limit. You just need insurance, registration, headlights, a rear tail/brake light, rear view mirror, and an electric horn. My quad is my second car when I have the truck in the shop.

Quick Reply: Pure sport bandits