Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Heres a ROLL CALL for Dunefest

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 08:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heres a ROLL CALL for Dunefest

TTT............Bump[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2005, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, what he said (again)!

Old 07-11-2005, 12:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'll be going with a group of 12 and staying at sand camp E. what did you mean when saying strip searched. do they serch your veichle when entering the sand camp. i know your not allowed with alchol but i thought i could get away with it. i just bought a yfz450 and am having it bulilt with in the first month of owning it. it will be unlike anything at dunefest the motor mods that are being done have not been done yet by anyone but thats my secret. i also have a very modded banshee that i believe will always be faster than my 450 but i'll see. i will be driving a huge 2003 black dodge ram 2500 just look for the biggest truck. look forward to seeing and racing everyone.

05 yfz 450
wht/red
lte dual exhuast
proflow k&n
cam mod
gyt-r clutch kit and basket
dyna box
stage 3 cams
470cc not kit

Old 07-11-2005, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

Will be there - sand camp area C.

It's my understanding that they won't be searching trailers heading into the sand camp area this year. Is that correct afterburner?

Woohoo!

Old 07-12-2005, 02:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

i just called and talked to kimberly at the chamber of commerce. she has now told me that they will be serching the veichles and that you are not allowed with alchole unless you have a rv site. when i made reservations with her 3 weeks ago she said i could get away with bringing in alchole if i stayed in campsite E becuase its farther away. now that i know they are serching i doubt it! so i'm selling 2 campsite in E at dune fest for the whole week for what i paid for them $130 if anyone know some one that needs a camp spot. i have never been and was wondering if some one that has could tell me how the serch process works? do they serch everyone? how well do they look in your veichle? is their dogs?

Old 07-12-2005, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

That is a good question to ask!

Someone who has been in the Sandcamp areas when they were searching please respond and let us know this info.

The changing answers that we get are truly annoying.

Thanks all!

Old 07-12-2005, 10:43 PM
Elite Pro Rider

This info was posted on another site about the alcohol ban, thought it might be helpful....

"They want to make it a fun event again, but the police have already warned that they will not tollerate under age drinking or DWI's on the sand. The police/Sherrif's Dept have also warned that if there is any amount of trouble particularly with alcohol, then this will be the last year of Dune Fest. With that being said I can not stress enough to put the work out to BEHAVE! We all want to have fun, but we want to be able to come back again next year too!
The Chamber made a commitment that they will not do as much searching for alcohol coming in & out of the dunes as they have in the past, HOWEVER, they will have undercover people all over the dunes patroling for alcohol, so if you are of age: use discretion when having a cold one after riding all day."

Old 07-12-2005, 10:47 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

i may show up if i have the time and gas money

Old 07-13-2005, 01:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....

Originally posted by: raptorchick
This info was posted on another site about the alcohol ban, thought it might be helpful....

"They want to make it a fun event again, but the police have already warned that they will not tollerate under age drinking or DWI's on the sand. The police/Sherrif's Dept have also warned that if there is any amount of trouble particularly with alcohol, then this will be the last year of Dune Fest. With that being said I can not stress enough to put the work out to BEHAVE! We all want to have fun, but we want to be able to come back again next year too!
The Chamber made a commitment that they will not do as much searching for alcohol coming in & out of the dunes as they have in the past, HOWEVER, they will have undercover people all over the dunes patroling for alcohol, so if you are of age: use discretion when having a cold one after riding all day."
Thanks Raptorchick for providing an ANSWER that (I think) everyone is looking for..........Just my .02 worth. If your a RESPONSIBLE adult/Role model, Remember why we go to DUNEFEST (IMO) is to have FUN & BE SAFE for us and others. NO ONE has anything against ANYONE having an ADULT beverage after a long day of riding, BUT remember WHY the "NO ALCOHOL" was made into LAW on the sand.........

I'm not trying to rain on anyones parade, I understand WHY searches are needed, I understand WHY law enforsment needs to be TOUGH..........

FYI, The Dunefest Orginizers are providing a beer garden at this event, why not give it a try???????

Old 07-13-2005, 02:21 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bing
i may show up if i have the time and gas money

Go for it!

Quick Reply: Heres a ROLL CALL for Dunefest