Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Check out the new toy...

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check out the new toy...

Well second gear went out in the rappy so I had to send it off for some work. Thanks to the great people at UPS now the bottom end of my engine is now lost between Sissonville and Detroit. Figured it would be a while before the Rappy was back together so I bought a new toy...

Its a GSX 750 Katana cross bread with an old three wheeler and a little bit of a Quadzilla.

Once the gallery is updated let me know what you think... And no laughing about the seat! It will be the first thing changed, although the wife likes it and wants it to stay the way it is. There has been very few things I have put my foot down about but this seat was one of them... I said there is NO WAY it is going to stay that way over the winter!

Later,
Mike

Old 07-05-2005, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

Well pics are approved... What do you think.

Old 07-05-2005, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider

thats pretty sick looking. do you take it to the dunes. i bet itt'll turn heads

Old 07-05-2005, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider

nice that looks pretty fun

Old 07-06-2005, 08:21 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: UltimateAussie
thats pretty sick looking. do you take it to the dunes. i bet itt'll turn heads
No I haven't had it anywhere but the track one time on Sunday. Its pretty fast... I had some really quick MPH runs (68-74) but the track times were only around 5.0-5.3... Its coming on really hard on top end but from take off to about the 60ft mark all it does is spin. I have to play with it some and try to get it hooking up.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Old 07-06-2005, 10:25 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TheRaptorMan
Well second gear went out in the rappy so I had to send it off for some work. Thanks to the great people at UPS now the bottom end of my engine is now lost between Sissonville and Detroit. Figured it would be a while before the Rappy was back together so I bought a new toy...

Later,
Mike
your gonna have fun dealing with ups......when my engine was finished being built it was shipped back with ups and i was their when the delivery man was dropping it off so i said that weighs 120 lbs, you might want to use a hand truck and he said he didnt need one so when he was carrying it to my garage door it slipped in his hand and smashed the pavement and he left before i got the time to open it and see the damage.........anyway a chunk of one of the engine mounting holes on the case half was missing and their was a huge crack on the corner of my clutch cover so around 700 bucks of damage and after greg at CWR(he built the engine) and me dealing with them for a few weeks ups decided to only cover 100 bucks which was only enough to get me a used clutch cover and their reasons were that i had no proof that ups damaged it eveb thou i saw the guy frop it so now i use fedex and have had no problems

Old 07-06-2005, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider

That sucks... I insured the shipment for 3000, but honestly that wouldn't get me back to where I was at though. I need to get the bottom end and then pay for the machine work and cut gears again. What really sucks is they are now considering my package damaged and not lost since they still have an empty tote to deliver! I do have to say they SUCK.

Old 07-06-2005, 11:59 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The concept is cool but man that thing is ugly!! Lookin' at your other ride though I'm sure you'll have this one lookin' sweet also.......

Old 07-06-2005, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

Come on don't you like the seat cover? LOL

I am already looking for new plastics. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-06-2005, 12:28 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you should paint the plastics to match the seat!!!

Quick Reply: Check out the new toy...