Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Top speed

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 03:44 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top speed

The "Gentlemans' Agreement" by the manuf. is supposedly 75MPH top speed off the floor.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-07-2005, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default Top speed

I dunno, i still think his blaster will do 70 or REAL close to 70 like 68-69mph, but that is still pretty fast if u think about it.

Old 07-07-2005, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default Top speed

Phragle has a blaster that he desert races with and his does low 80's. He has a tricked out CT 240 with every engine mod possible along with a custom axle carrier to hold the custom sprocket sizes that the stock carrier couldn't hold along with his 23 inch rear tires.

Old 07-07-2005, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default Top speed

Originally posted by: trailblazerpimp
sparky.. sumthin is wrong with your banshee if it only goes that fast, not to mention.. they are not faster than raptors stock for stock.. at all
Nope, nothings wrong with my banshee, people just overestimate how fast there quads are. Ive checked it according to gps and theres nothing else to it. My cousin has a piped jetted blaster with an air filter it does low 50's. Im sure u think your raptor is faster than that but i doubt it, at least when it was stock if its not still.

Old 07-07-2005, 10:13 PM
Range Rover
Default Top speed

then it must be rider on the blaster with a filter and a pipe if it only does low 50's i have seen BONE STOCK blasters do 53-56 so i dunno

Old 07-08-2005, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default Top speed

To Raptor owners of the world, don't let people tell you the rappie can't be made to be a fast long distance runner. My Raptor 686 without booster:125mph sustained 1/2 mile. With booster, best run 139mph sustained 1/2 mile. Daughter's Blaster (not telling what's done to bike until she finishes competing in speed trials for 200-240cc): 108mph sustained 1/2 mile. Nuff said!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2005, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default Top speed

Originally posted by: afterburner
To Raptor owners of the world, don't let people tell you the rappie can't be made to be a fast long distance runner. My Raptor 686 without booster:125mph sustained 1/2 mile. With booster, best run 139mph sustained 1/2 mile. Daughter's Blaster (not telling what's done to bike until she finishes competing in speed trials for 200-240cc): 108mph sustained 1/2 mile. Nuff said!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2005, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"
Default Top speed

Congrats! I read the review in Dirt Wheels, your Raptor is awesome!

Old 07-08-2005, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default Top speed

its not a raptor anymore, doesnt count. If thats the case i can put 2 more wheels on my r6 and it will be the fastest quad in the world.

Old 07-09-2005, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider
Default Top speed

its not a raptor anymore, doesnt count. If thats the case i can put 2 more wheels on my r6 and it will be the fastest quad in the world.[/quote]

Add two wheels, then it's an ugly four wheeled R6, not an ATV. My Rappie still has a production single cylinder Raptor motor (seriously modded of course), production frame and after-market suspension components. It has less bolt-ons than a typical pro TT or moto-x ATV. And by the way, Guiness isn't stupid, they are the world authority and they set the rules that to have the record for ATV, then it has to be an ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE. Oh, and I was recorded performing sustained quarter mile runs at over 125 mph (without the booster) in the sand (Thanks again Sand Lake Duners!). We actually backed off for the world record so that we could set it again next year at the NWATVA Land Speed event in the 140-150 range.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Top speed