Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

scariest moment of my life

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scariest moment of my life

im 2 1/2 hours north, with my 2 youngest sons, camping. my wife, 19 year old son, and his 19 year old girlfriend are heading up. at 2 i get a call from her, frantic, yelling, she cant get my son from the car, and the phone goes dead. i grab my sons, and head south, calling. 20 minutes later, a man answers the phone, telling me, my wife was hit head on on the expressway by another man who crossed the median, at speeds exess of 100 mph. they are trying to get my son out, ambulances ready to load them all, and no one can tell me there still alive. a long 2 hour ride to the hospital. i get there, and there all consious. my wife, a broken leg, cut and bruised read bad. my sons girlfriend, bruised up real bad, no broken bones. my son, broken collar bone, sternum broken right in half, cut and bruised up real bad. this happened thursday afternoon. the glass half full, i am a lucky man they lived!!
the kicker. the van, a dodge carivan, i bought for her 5 days ago. never made a payment. that was the best money i have ever spent. it handled a 100+ mph impact, and kept them protected, of corse not unharmed, but alive! the inpact was head on. i am now not on vacation, but playingcaretaker for some vary sore, hurt people. i am proud to be able to care for them.
god blessed up with this one. dodge did the rest. this van amazed me, as it wrapped itself around them, with the engine between the 2 front seats, and the windshield being the furthest foward point on the van.
sorry so long, just buckle up, and be safe. you never know when a screw up might take the lives of anothers family.

Old 07-09-2005, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

that is really terrible what happen to the guy that hit your familly..........i hope your fam gets better soon

Old 07-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

the police wont tell me anything about him, other than he,s a man. wont even tell me if he was drinking. i have to wait for the police report to find out. dont even know if he lived. i do know he needs to learn to drive though.

Old 07-09-2005, 10:48 PM
Trailblazer

Wow... Thats effing amazing... Atleast your family is ok... Sorry to hear about that. Hope everything turns out ok...

Old 07-09-2005, 11:03 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

good to hear they're alive tho. how did dodge handle the lil misfortune on the new van tho?

Old 07-10-2005, 02:08 AM
Trailblazer

That's terrible. I'm sorry. I'm glad you're family is ok! I hope they get that guy that did that!

Old 07-10-2005, 05:47 AM
Range Rover

That is an awefull thing that had happened to your family but they are still blessed for they were given another chance at life. Based on your post, i feel that you are handling it well and hopefully counting your blessings. Ya know, ya just never know sometimes .....

Old 07-10-2005, 12:47 PM
Trailblazer

I'm so sorry to hear that. But like you said, you are one lucky individual. My prayers are with you and your family.

Old 07-10-2005, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

the insurance is just getting started. waiting on police report to find out the events, and how he managed to cross over. as for me, after being scared sh!tless for a day, i am greatful that they are alive. my wife is hurting, and will take months to heal. my son, well, he is in bad shape. i have to take him to a nerosurgion on monday.
the van is replaceable, just a waiste on a new vehicle. god bless the van though, becouse it handled a load i did not think anyone could even live through.
thanks for all the prayers guys, meens alot.

Old 07-10-2005, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

sorry to here that , but im glad they are ok.

Quick Reply: scariest moment of my life