Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Bad Grizzly!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Grizzly!

OK,,,it was just you said you were riding for about 10 minutes on the trails and the light came on

i can cover some serious ground in 10 minutes on the trails here,and it sounded like you were out deep in the woods somewhere

Old 07-13-2005, 01:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Bad Grizzly!

Depends on what the dealer says was wrong. And if you think you can trust that answer as being the truth.
Overheated motors, tend to wreak the head gasket, and its not fun to replace it. If they say there was no damage, then ask for him to back that up, with an extended warrentee, covering the head gasket. That way you get piece of mind.
Keep an eye on the coolant level, and oil level and quality of the oil...if coolant gets in there, and you dont catch it quickly, it really trashes the motor. Usually this is the first sign of a blown head gasket (loosing coolant).

Old 07-13-2005, 03:48 PM
Trailblazer
Default Bad Grizzly!

The people at the dealership are going through it with fine tooth comb and will bring it back today sometime! He said he would give us an extra 1 year warranty free plus the 6 month warranty! So I think I will keep it!

Old 07-13-2005, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default Bad Grizzly!

wow,,,thats awsome,,,good dealer

grizzly is a dependable bike,,,i had nothing but problems with polaris's,couldnt keep CVC joints on them,and finally said im trying something else,and am happy i did

trying to pop those axles out of the sportsmans was a bear,,,so i figured i'd just buy the bear

Old 07-13-2005, 11:51 PM
Trailblazer
Default Bad Grizzly!

The dealer fixed my 04 Blue Grizzly! It had a bad sensor for the fan or radiator! It rides awesome now! The owner of the dealership got it from my house and brought it back to my house and gave me a free 1 year warranty with the 6 month warranty and bought me a $25.00 Oneal racing shirt! Nice Guy! I rode it about 14 miles today! I rode through mud in the ditches by my house that I could never go through on my Beartracker and wouldn't have made it if I wasn't in Front Differential Lock! I was it off everytime I ride it! Trying to keep it clean as possible! I'm going to buy a small electric pressure washer to clean it with. This thing is just awesome! It rides like your on air compared to my Beartracker! It's so smooth! I took my dad and mom for a drive on my trails and they couldn't believe it was so comfortable and how smooth it was! I couldn't believe how great it soaked up the bumps on my trails! It's one of the best atvs out there! The engine braking is awesome! I've got a lot of hills on my trails and going down them I didn't use the brakes but twice the whole time I rode it! Going up my steepest hill was no problem just put it in low and 4-wheel drive and drive slow over it whereas on my Beartracker I would have to put it in 1st or 2nd gear and floor it! The Grizzly made it up it like it was nothing! It's in the top 3 best hillclimb atvs one professional review said! The only things i've noticed was the clanking sound when you go over a big bump and when you get out of 4-wheel drive! When you put it in high sometimes it will jump for a second and when you put it in park the light don't come on but it goes in park. This is all understandable. This fourwheeler feels like my brother's Yamaha 760 jet ski very smooth! It was just awesome riding it today!

Old 07-14-2005, 12:46 AM
Trailblazer
Default Bad Grizzly!

wow you must really be excited to have used 22 exclamation points in your last post.....don't think i'm weird i'm just really bored....but i'm glad everything worked out for you.....a faulty thermo switch has been known to happen here and there just like anything else.....that clunk sound you hear when going over bumps will also happen when you lock up the rear brake.....the way Yamaha has mounted to disc brake on the rear driveshaft was because it's used to take the slack out of the rear driveshaft.....it's no big deal after while you won't even notice it.....congrats on your new Grizz man

Old 07-14-2005, 01:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Bad Grizzly!

Thats a good dealer, to offer the extended warrentee...with out you having to bring it up. Make sure you spend more money at his place, we need guys like that to stay in business.

Old 07-14-2005, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider
Default Bad Grizzly!

im very glad!

Old 07-14-2005, 08:19 AM
Pro Rider
Default Bad Grizzly!

that clanking noise got me too when i first got mine

so thats because they mounted the brakes in the middle to take up the slack on the drive? i never really got a answer when i asked about it,just that its normal,and not to worry

everyone else local that i seen with a Grizz said theirs did it also,,,and i do hardly notice it anymore

Old 07-14-2005, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default Bad Grizzly!

[i]i must be a red neck to spend around 2 grand to win a $50 bet,,,,,,but bragging rights,,,,,"priceless"
LOL That so sounds like something I would do!

Master400 - Glad everything worked out for you with the grizz! Sounds like you are going to be happy with it!

Muddogg660 - You used 34 "." in your post. (I am bored as well!)

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] lol

Quick Reply: Bad Grizzly!