Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Do u think this is a serious problem?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do u think this is a serious problem?

well ive been riding this thing for a while like this. judging from the pic do u think its a big problem? it rides fine, except on the road u can feel that rim wobble.

p.s. dont ever let yur aunt and her fat friend take your quad down a sandy trail damn near wide open. i was so pissed, the handle bars were bent the other way but i fixed that.

Clicky

i know i can always get a new bumper, its the frame im worried about. look closely u can see its a little bent.

Old 07-14-2005, 09:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

prompts to login under your username..

Old 07-14-2005, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

sorry try this

here

Old 07-14-2005, 09:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

frame is twisted.. not bent.. most likely you would need a whole new frame.. something like that would be really hard and expensive to fix. yet idk if it bent or twisted and how bad it really is ....

actually.. i look at it now and realize where the bumper mounts.. i don't think it's twisted... it looks like it might just be your bumper and rim .. what did they hit? a tree and a fence post?

Old 07-14-2005, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

i think its bent becuz they hit on the right side of the bumber and the frame looks lik its bent to the left i could see if the bottom of the cumber was smashed it might have twisted and also need to get a new rim u can find one on ebay for lik $20 i would start off the new rim and see if the problem prosists if it does then fix the frame but untill then i wouldnt chnage n thing but the rim

also get a pick from the front looking sright on to the bumper

Old 07-14-2005, 10:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider

That frames not bent, just the bumper is.just get a new bumper and rim. Also the mounts for the bumper might be bent though but from what it looks like the bumper cracked just before the mont.

Old 07-14-2005, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

id say take the bumper off to get a better look at the frame. u probably can only ride wit the rim on sand. anything wit rocks or branches i wouldnt ride on. roads definatly not cuz it will vibrate like hell!

Old 07-15-2005, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

yea, the frame isnt in bad shape at all, if u look very closely u can see it is jus barley a little bent above the bumper, nothin to worry about tho,

yea and she and her fat *** friend were cruisin down some sandy trails and they took the turn kinda fast and smacked into a tree, passenger went flying and my quad climbed the tree and came back down on my aunts leg, pretty bad bruising other than that she was ok. then she tried to blame it on a birm that dirt bikes made earlier that day, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] i dont know.

i dont let anyone ride it any more, other than this little 12 year old that believe it or not rides better than most people i run into on the trails. it seems everyone who has ridden it except me has flew over the handlebars and bent the handle bars the other way.

Old 07-15-2005, 12:35 AM
Range Rover

From the looks of the symetry of the front end I can't right off hand see if the frame is bent. Just looking at it, it doesn't look like it.

But boy is that front end screwed up!!

Like 2phast40 said I'd start with the rim and then work from there.

Old 07-15-2005, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

are they going to pay for it?

Quick Reply: Do u think this is a serious problem?