Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Went to my dealer today to ask when my RAPTOR would be in

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went to my dealer today to ask when my RAPTOR would be in

Well I had to find out for myself today where my Raptor was. He said that he hadnt herd anything yet but it could be in any day. He told me that when Yamaha sends there units out that everydealer gets thiers in 3 to 5 days. The dealer is located in east Tennessee.

Old 07-17-2005, 12:39 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Just make sure your's has had the fix

Old 07-17-2005, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

I told him about the problem while I was there

Old 07-18-2005, 02:36 AM
The Facility

What your dealer said about all dealers getting them within a few days from each other is false. Some dealers will not see the Raptor 700 well into September.

The way allocations go is this..........If Dealer sold three Raptor 660 models from the 2005 order period...He CANNOT order more than three of the new Raptor 700 models. The only way to increase your allocation from year to year is by dealer transfer during the model year. So, if the dealer who ordered three Raptor 660 models this past year sold two more that he acquired from another dealer, then he is now allowed to order 5 Raptor 700s. Crazy isn't it?? Want crazier?? The dealer who sold the other dealer the two Raptor 660 quads will be CUT two Raptor 700s on this years allocation.

The way all of this is setup hit some dealers very hard when the Ryno was released. Allocations for them were based on how many Grizzly 660 models were sold by that dealer the year before.

Getting back to why not all dealers receive theirs at the same time...... Orders that were placed at the show will receive priority. Dealers who went home and waited days....or even weeks to think things over will be the last ones to receive these units.
However, there is another twist. You also have to take into account the region which the dealer is located.
If only one dealer in Indiana (for example) got his order in at the show,...he is still going to have to wait a while because all the other dealers drug their feet and Yamaha tries to make shipping convenient for both them, the freight carrier, and cost to the dealer.

Lots of stuff goes into predicting when they will arrive and regardless of what a dealer is told about an estimated time for arrival,...you can't count on it unless it's within a weeks time. If they give a date of more than a week, they really don't know the exact date.