Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

first atv

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first atv

Originally posted by: ghostrida
my cosins have 250exs and 250zs and i bont like them at all and will a blaster do goog in the mud on a scale of one to ten my cuzs have 250 exs and a raptor 660 and a kfx 700 we haul ace but we try to stay together
This question is a little odd. You ask about mud, but then say you all haul @$$. I will do my darndest to answer. With the right tires the Blaster will do just fine in mud. If you want a flat, wide, good mud tire, I would suggest "Bandit tires" They did wonders in the thick, gooey muck on my warrior back in the day.

Old 07-23-2005, 01:23 AM
Trailblazer
Default first atv

Originally posted by: Blaster96
my cosins have 250exs and 250zs and i bont like them at all and will a blaster do goog in the mud on a scale of one to ten my cuzs have 250 exs and a raptor 660 and a kfx 700 we haul ace but we try to stay together
This question is a little odd. You ask about mud, but then say you all haul @$$. I will do my darndest to answer. With the right tires the Blaster will do just fine in mud. If you want a flat, wide, good mud tire, I would suggest "Bandit tires" They did wonders in the thick, gooey muck on my warrior back in the day.
i know but where can i see those mud tires

Old 07-23-2005, 01:30 AM
Trailblazer
Default first atv

From everything youve said i would go with a blaster.I dont think you'll outgrow it anytime soon plus When you get ready for more power there are plenty of performace parts for it.

Old 07-23-2005, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default first atv

i know but where can i see those mud tires
Sorry, I do not have pics uploaded online. It also seems www.Rockymountainatv.com does not carry them any more.
Did find them here: (titian Bandit)

CLICKY CLICKY!!!!!!

I now run Titian 489XT's on my Wolverine. I trust the Titian tire company.

Old 07-23-2005, 02:03 AM
Trailblazer
Default first atv

the first tire kinda in a way looks like my spider tracs, also look into spider tracs i love mine.

Old 07-23-2005, 03:12 AM
Range Rover
Default first atv

Bah. I shee wont kill you. It really depends on wat u want. When ppl say u cant handle stuff its not really true. Maybe for a rappy ds n other bigger ones but its really just the maturity level. I say get the shee n wen u get it dont push it through all its power. Get used to it and when u want more u can use more of its power. Y buy blaster n then spend another 4 grand in the same year cause u will want that extra power. Cause with all the money it will prob equal a stock shee. Just at the beging dont do stuiped things and u will be fine trust me.

Old 07-23-2005, 03:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default first atv

i was thinking between a blaster a 250 ex and a banshee i am 13 need replys
BANSHEE BY FAR

very ez to lern and ez to make faster

Old 07-23-2005, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default first atv

Originally posted by: Raptor700R
Bah. I shee wont kill you. It really depends on wat u want. When ppl say u cant handle stuff its not really true. Maybe for a rappy ds n other bigger ones but its really just the maturity level. I say get the shee n wen u get it dont push it through all its power. Get used to it and when u want more u can use more of its power. Y buy blaster n then spend another 4 grand in the same year cause u will want that extra power. Cause with all the money it will prob equal a stock shee. Just at the beging dont do stuiped things and u will be fine trust me.
Yeh what he said cause if you get a shee you dont have to go into 6th gear and kill urself just use a little of power at a time and get used to it then when you want more power you can have it

Old 07-23-2005, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default first atv

I think you should start with the Blaster just to get the feel of the 2-Stroke. The Blaster should have enough power for you for a few years at least. I dont think that a Banshee is a good quad for a 13 year old to start with. Mainly beacuse of the crazy powerband of the Banshee. I started out with a Warrior and then moved up to a Raptor and im glad i did cause im still in one piece haha. The Blaster is like the little brother of the Banshee, kind of like the Warrior is to the Raptor.
The choice is yours hope this helps.

Old 07-23-2005, 07:40 PM
Trailblazer
Default first atv

I would get a blaster they are fast enough and fun as hell to ride (I am 19 6'0 220lbs) and I still get a kick out of riding that damn thing lol! They are easy as hell to wheelie too and very reliable....