Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

wrecked the drz400... hardcore.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 11:31 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wrecked the drz400... hardcore.

hey guys...

i was out riding the drz400 in the woods the other day... to make a long story short i came upon this log in my road and i decided that instead of trying to find a way around it.. i could jump it.. it was probably 6inches off the gorund... and 8 inches in diameter... well... i backed the bike up.... put it in first *it goes up to 30mph in 1st lol* and started towards it... lifted the front a little.. Perfect jump... over the log.. nice air... came up about 7 inches short... i didnt see this other log laying on the side i was landing on.... the front tire came down and just caught the other log at an angle and slid the front tire right out from under me.... over the bars i went... i sware to you my helmet smaked the ground 4 different times... i bounced... and slid probably 14 feet. needless to say.. it didnt tickle. i just laid there... debating on weather or not to just die there... lol. it hurt so bad. after this last crash *and a couple before it* i have decided that my size, 5'8" tall... 120lb. just isnt meant for such an ungodly sized bike... i think im going to back to quads. the drz400 is fast... and fun... but its almost gotten me hurt too many times.

so now that youve read my story.. help me decide.... well... just tell me what you guys know about the kodiak 450. pros cons... stories about them... anything you know.. tell me.. cuz i need to get something thats a little easier on me than the 400. thanks guys... Peace.

Old 08-04-2005, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"

Funny but dangerous story! Glad you're okay. I really don't know anything about the 450 but aren't you going to miss the speed of your bike going to a 4 x 4?

Old 08-04-2005, 11:57 PM
Range Rover

ya man.. i may miss the power of the drz... but honestly i never got it out of 2nd in the trails anyways... 40mph is fast enough in the woods i ride in... plus id rather climb lots of stuff... than go fast in a straight line. being able to ride all day and go over w/e i want.. is more fun than always haveing to jump over something or blast through it... it would be kinda nice to just crawl through stuff for a change... plus i figure the 450 is gonna have enough torque to make it fun around the trails. i figure it will accellerate pretty good to like 40mph LOL.... but either way... just as long as its got some zip to it... i will be fine.

Old 08-07-2005, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

The kodiak is a great Ride. But sounds like you need a Z400 or yfz450.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-07-2005, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider

If you want to crawl, but still blast through trails id go with the NEW wolverine. It's a 450 now and its 4x4. Its a little smaller and more maneuverable than the kodiak.

Old 08-07-2005, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

the scrambler sounds good for you or maybe a z400 or kfx400 those are great trial bikes

Old 08-09-2005, 12:49 AM
Range Rover

thanks for the info now... heres what im thinkin.....

Woverine... i HATE the stylin of this bike... ive not really looked into the new 450... probably is an awesome bike.. but im not sure...i had given the old 350 some thought though...

Z/KFX... although i would love to have one of these... right now im lookin for something thats more than just a play bike... i need something to push snow... haul w/e i want to haul *lots of beer LOL*... um... go hunting with... somehting like that...

so..... im not really Brand Loyal.... im lookin into all the makes and models that meet my list of demands though... i want something with *****... it doesnt have to run 100000 mph. LOL... it just has to have *****... lots of *****. i want torque... it doesnt have to rev like a rocket... i just want something fun in the mud, trails, climbs, nasty trail riding... i need something to help me clear my trails too... need a ute or sport ute at the moment. and i figure they hold value WAY better than sport bikes from what ive seen. im just now looking into the brute force... any info on these thigns? i hear they are unreal as far as power goes... way more than the griz.... which i think has TONS of power.. i finally rode one the other day... and its got *****. so anyways keep givin me opinions.... ill keep listening... thanks . brandon

Polaris... um... good bikes.. but no. sorry.. the only brand i dont really like.

Old 08-09-2005, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

if you want a ute with ***** go with the bruteforce 750 my friend has one it is huge and that thing hauls it also accelerates great i have yet to ride one on some trails but from my little experiance with this thing it is great, the first ute that i would look into buying if i had the money to spend

Old 08-09-2005, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Storj
if you want a ute with ***** go with the bruteforce 750 my friend has one it is huge and that thing hauls it also accelerates great i have yet to ride one on some trails but from my little experiance with this thing it is great, the first ute that i would look into buying if i had the money to spend
I would agree with Storj as this is the only UTE I would imagine myself riding. It got great reviews and I've had one keep up pretty good with me in the trails.

Old 08-09-2005, 09:09 AM
Pro Rider

Does that mean you are selling the Z400? Glad you are okay. Yamaha is coming out with that sport 4x4. It is in this months DirtWheels.

Quick Reply: wrecked the drz400... hardcore.