Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

W.E.R. Steering Stabilizer

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 05:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default W.E.R. Steering Stabilizer

Just wanted to let people know that my dad bought one of these for $320 from Rocky Mountain for his raptor 660 and it works great.It's a rotary style stabilizer and it's also adjustable. It installed very easily with no frustrations or cursing. It mounts low by the bottom part of the steering stem. I personally like this position because it's out of the way and you don't have to relocate your indicator lights and your key. The Scotts makes one that also mounts low but it costs $450 for the stabilizer and another $50 for the mounting hardware to mount it low. I'm not saying that you can't get one for cheaper, that's just what their website says. Anyways, the W.E.R. works great and was very user friendly. We bought a Denton stabilizer before the W.E.R. and it puked oil everywhere, Denton was very helpful and gave us a full refund. It was a defective unit, normally they work fine. We decided not to get another Denton because my dad didn't like the way it mounted and the fact that it was like an eighth inch from the oil tank or the front grab bar (depending on which way the bars were turned). I hope this helps anyone looking for a stabilizer that isn't too expensive, but still really nice. I also appreciate the help that I got from this forum regarding stabilizers.