Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

raptor head

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005 | 06:14 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default raptor head

hey yall curious to see if yall think the 5 valve head design in the raptor is poor. IMO i think it is, because i ported and polished mine. i dont see how it could possly work right, thats my 2 cents

Old 08-21-2005 | 09:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default raptor head

the raptor has a poor head design due top the lack of flow characteristics. you port and polish it and it should be one of the best mods you do to the bike.

Old 08-22-2005 | 01:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Default raptor head

i dont see how it could possly work right, thats my 2 cents
So why don't you think it works right, and what is wrong with a 5 valve design?

Old 08-22-2005 | 02:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default raptor head

Most ferrari's use 5-valve heads, cant be to bad LoL. and what do you mean its a poor design??

Old 08-22-2005 | 04:01 AM
Pro Rider
Default raptor head

Yes, Yamaha likes wasting their time designing heads that flow like crap, and they love spending the extra money and effort to build these 5 valve heads. It makes perfect business sense, especially coming from a Japanese company that pride themselves on being proficient. They don't have anything else to waist their time on. They also had the patent for this design since the 80's, hence no other bike manufacturers using it. They did this all for nothing! Hmmm... since they love waiting time and money, they also seem to waist their time and money building all their superbikes with this technology and spending millions racing these bikes against other, which in your opinion is far superior. I wonder when they will change their ways, since this "BAD" technology they are using must be costing them dearly in races lost to the other far superior designed bikes. They must be real idiots, because in the more than 20 years of using this design, they still have not learned their lesson.

I have a brilliant idea... why don’t you send this revelation of yours to Yamaha and maybe...they will give you a job and better yet, maybe you can change their whole design experts point of view of the last 20 years and become their head technical guru. You seem to know your stuff, since you ported your own head and now you are an expert.

I find it curious that the YFZ450 (5 valves), is more powerful compared to the others who only use 4 valves. Same for the raptor. Put it up against a DS with similar mods and let’s see who makes the most power.

Or, maybe, they know something you don’t and by posting this you just showed the whole world how … shall we call it… lack of knowledge, you have.

Last tip. Speak to Kentz, Sparks, Barker, Craycraft and the other pro builders and see what they say about this “BAD” design.

Old 08-22-2005 | 06:01 AM
Pro Rider
Default raptor head

i think its a bad design....Actually i dont mean bad, theres just a more logical and effecient design i think.

Old 08-22-2005 | 10:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Default raptor head

think its a bad design....Actually i dont mean bad, theres just a more logical and effecient design i think.
Like what?????????? And why is your design more logical or efficient?

Old 08-22-2005 | 11:28 AM
Pro Rider
Default raptor head

There was obviously something wrong with the design, Yamaha changed it for 06.

Old 08-22-2005 | 08:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default raptor head

I never said "i had a design" i just know there is better ones out there, thats why they dont use it anymore.

Old 08-22-2005 | 09:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default raptor head

Maybe, somehow the 5 valve design was better suited for carbs but not as efficent for fuel injection.

Quick Reply: raptor head