Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

yfz 450

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 08:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yfz 450

Hi im new to the site, but have been riding for a while. I am looking to buy a new quad, i havent had one for a few years now and im finally able to get what i want. I would really like a 450r or a yfz 450. I have done searches here and other places, but i havent seen many comments on how each of the bikes perform in the trails. I do a lot of trailriding, and also a lot of open area riding with friends. I want a bike that will be fast when i open it up but feel good on the trails. If anyone can point me in the direction of an article on either or both of the quads on trail ratings, or if anyone has ridden either as mostly trial bikes. I would rather buy honda but i have been hearing nothing but good about the yamaha, so im trying to make the smartest choice.

Thanks!

Old 08-27-2005, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yfz 450

Well it is said that the YFZ 2006 will be more trail friendly. It is defenatly better out of the box for MX, and it will be even better with the changes they did to it. The 450R is a bit more comfortable for trail riding, but the YFZ isn't that bad either. This is a choice of preference, there both excellent bikes, so it's up to you wether you like red or blue! Good luck!