Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

katrina hit La, Ms hard

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default katrina hit La, Ms hard

just want to know if everyone is ok since the big storm and god bless the fine folk's there

Old 08-31-2005, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

lol, nope, not everyone is ok... Infact my brother that goes to college in new orleans wont have school first semester and second semester is still iffy... and I am sure that many people died... hope that no one was too drasticly affected from this forum... Good luck to all those involved...

Old 09-01-2005, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

Scholle, Silverbullet, Rudyraptor and a few others live less than 30 miles kind of north west of the superdome. I have heard that 3 miles from Scholle there was businesses with only the slab for the very large building left. I know with power and phones down it is impossible to make contact but I keep trying. It is a desperate situation there and does not look like it will change soon.

Old 09-01-2005, 12:15 PM
CED
Pro Rider

I was wondering about Sholle and his crew also,i hope they faired well.We only seen some slight winds south of Lafayette.I feel for those that felt the whole force.

Old 09-01-2005, 03:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

I talked to Silverbullet Wed. he said they made it through ok some damage to roof and they are not flooded.

Old 09-06-2005, 12:07 PM
Pro Rider

It's a bad situation in Bay St. Louis, MS. I ended up having to leave for a few days to get my head right again. I am in Atlanta now. I will be going back this weekend for more of a beating of seeing the damage and all of the dead bodies stacked on flat-bed rigs. I've seen the news here and I think they are trying not to scare a lot of people because it is a lot worse than what is said on the news. I lived on the water in a nice subdivision and the water went over my roof. My house is gone. We stayed at my mom's down the road and she didn't have water in our yard for Camille and it was 5 feet in her house this time. That place is so bad that there are many people that have spent their whole lives there and that's all they know. Since this, they can never call it home again even if they rebuild. It will be a new start for everyone there, if they decide to rebuild or not. I will be able to respond to this until this weekend, when I go back, but since I lost everything, I cannot take pictures to put up. I don't even have my computer to spare.

To all survivors and deceased, God Bless!!

Old 09-06-2005, 12:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Eye opening to hear of your report 1lessraptor. Sorry to hear of you and your families loss...and your detailed description. I am sure many people asumed the waters would not be nearly as bad as the results. It looks like the levies collapsing resulted in most of the life threatening damage in the under sea level areas.
Gary