Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

gas mileage on the raptor

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2000, 01:01 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many miles does the raptor run on a full tank of gas? Approximently how many miles per gallion?

Old 10-22-2000, 01:07 PM
Trailblazer

I don't mean to seem uncaring, but who cares. I'm sure you didn't buy your or are going to buy your Raptor based on miles per gallon. And, there are no odometers on the machine so there is no way to tell. If you can afford this quad, I'm sure you can afford the gas.

Old 10-22-2000, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

A lot of people care. I often do desert rides that are at least 50 miles long. If the Raptor isn't going to go 50 miles on one tank, then I need to carry extra gas. If I'm just riding around an offroad park, then I could care less what kind of mileage I get. If you don't have anything valuable to add, then don't write anything.

Old 10-22-2000, 02:30 PM
Trailblazer

The reason I ask this is because I have purchased a Raptor and do long 50 mile or so rides at a time and I want to know if I need to cary extra gas....And for your comments dinocrises please don't respond unless it will help me out with my question.

Old 10-22-2000, 03:06 PM
Trailblazer

Okay, then I will give some valuable advice, until you can determine what kind of mileage you get, you should probably carry some extra gas for the first couple of runs so then you can see how far you can go. I definately would not take for granted the advice from someone on the forum about gas mileage especially when you going to be 50 miles deep in the desert and that could turn into a dangerous situation for you.

Old 10-22-2000, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider

I can't give you a set mph figure, but it seems to go a lot longer on a tank than my Banshee did.

Old 10-22-2000, 06:41 PM
Range Rover

hi
i have done a 80 km (50 miles) run which varied from wide open to 2nd-3rd gear riding on one tank.
+/- 8.5 km/l +/- 22 m/g
paul

Old 10-22-2000, 11:09 PM
Range Rover

Its hard to give an accurate MPG rating without knowing how you ride, but here is some info anyway.
I picked up my Raptor on Thurs, and my friend got his on Fri, so neither of us had any time on our machines. On Sat we went on the Tour De Forest ride in Marienville PA. We rode with a guy who had a new Suzuki Quadrunner 500, and when we got done his odo read 57 miles. Both my friend and I used about 1.25 gallons each. Granted this is a pretty easy ride and we were going easy on our new machines, but I was very happy with the economy of my Raptor.
See Ya Drew

Old 10-25-2000, 12:11 AM
Range Rover

I spent 3 days in the Oregon dunes with my Raptor, and we all know in the sand you are revving the motor higher and generally use more fuel compared to other terrain.
Anyway our rides were usually 3-5 hours each, twice a day. My wifes 250R was on reserve most of the way back on nearly every ride, I never used the reserve on my Raptor at all !!!!! I think for such a large motor they have a lot of range.

Old 10-25-2000, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

I was at Marienville with ScramblerDrew, and we rode 57 miles, without going to reserve, but He must have been looking at some chicks when I was filling the tanks, because they both took about 2.25 gallons. Still 57 miles, without the reserve is pretty good. I ran my 400EX (with pipe, jet kit, and filter) at Cochranton, and it is only 40 mile run, and I needed gas at half way point. Granted, I ran it a lot harder since it was already broken in, but Saturday I ran mostly half throttle the whole ride.

For extended run's I'd rather have that gas on hand rather than curse myself for thinking I could make it.

I love my machine so much, I went outside tonight, got in the trailer, and started the monster up, just to smell it running, and listen to it rumble......is that obssesive???

Oh yeah, and we were running 87octane pump gas, not premium, so I would feel confident on a 50 mile ride, provided it was a ride, not a race.

Has anyone seen Yamaha's new Six Pack Rack with Gas can holders? I've heard about it, supposedly it holds two one gallon gas cans, plus a six pack cooler, that would really extend the run time.

Bash, does the mileage get any worse after it is broken in, on trail rides? I like it like it is, but, if it uses more fuel, after break in, I"ll consider buying this new fangled rack......

ramble, ramble, yada yada, blah blah blah...I've gone on long enough.

Quick Reply: gas mileage on the raptor