Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Grizzly Cooling fan overide

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005 | 12:29 PM
|
Range Rover
Default Grizzly Cooling fan overide

Does anyone know where I may be able to buy an overide kit for the fan on my Grizzly? I would like to be able to turn the fan on when the key is in the off position. This will let me run the fan and cool the radiator while the quad if off. Now the way it is set up it counts running hours the whole time. If you know of no kits around can you at least tell me the best way to hook up a switch to do the job? Of course I would still need the fan to come on by itself when the machine is running.

Old 09-17-2005 | 02:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Piece of cake.
Check out this page
grizzhopper
And the last two examples are the fan over ride. If you see how he does it, it only works with the key on, but the motor doesnt have to run. If you wanted to, you can just wire it so it can come on any time. Just run wire directly to the battery, and add an inline fuse of 5 amps, to the one side of the switch ( the over ride switch which youre adding), then run the other leg , sliced into the wire to the fan, after the themoswitch.
That way itll work automaticly and whenever the switch is thrown.

Old 09-18-2005 | 07:21 PM
|
Range Rover

Thanks alot Hondabuster. That helps alot. Do you know what would be the best kind in switch to use? I thought I might mount it right in the plastic near the shifter but I have'nt looked at it close yet.
Thanks again

Old 09-18-2005 | 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

if your going to mount a switch Zappa,,,mount it in the plastic in front of the speedo where the front rack has a bar that comes up to protect the speedo,,,,there it will stay relitivly out of the mud,and have the benifit of the protection from the bar

i mounted my switch for my trail lights there for my Warn bumper,and havnt had a branch or anything catch it yet,and its still reachable from sitting on the bike

the switch can just be a "toggle" type,but you should find one that is water resistant

Old 09-22-2005 | 03:28 PM
|
Range Rover

I wired up the fan overide and a set of hot grips and they both work great! I also mounted the switches in the plastic in front of the speedo like you suggested Hoopharted and its a perfect place. I also mounted some metal screening on the front part of the speedo guard for added protection. It lookes great on the quad and will help protect the switches even more. Thanks for eveyone's help. This is why I love this forum!!! I have added some pics of my work. Tell me what you think.

Old 09-22-2005 | 03:50 PM
|
Range Rover

Sorry, I was unable to update my profile right now but I will try again later

Old 09-22-2005 | 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

i'll check back later,,,,glad to hear you got it all done