Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

blaster took a BLAST !!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 11:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blaster took a BLAST !!!!!!!!!

was riding today and the motor took a major crap..... here is what happened. i was on gravle and i took off hard on the throttle, the rpm was up their before i could hit 2nd gear the motor made a loud bang but was still running. but from that point i was still able to drive it for about a mile to my house. the bike had no power at all and was making alot of noise from the motor. my question is.... has this ever happened to any one and is it worth rebuilding the motor. it is a 1994 blaster, and i was going to rebuild the whole bike such as repaint and new plastic, wheels etc. once agian is the bike even worth doing the work to or should i consider a new bike like a yzf 450????

Old 09-17-2005, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

have you tried running it again? If not try it agian, and check out the carb and the reeds before you go and declair it a gonner.

Old 09-17-2005, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: hondarulesinnc
have you tried running it again? If not try it agian, and check out the carb and the reeds before you go and declair it a gonner.
try that. Im not familiar with blowing a 2-stroke motor but if you want to jump to a 450, should consider a few things: 1) thats a huge power diff 2) alot of money. If you wanted to fix up and make your blaster alot better you could easily accomplish that for under half the price of the difference to a 450. ur call

Old 09-18-2005, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

I dissagree, get a 450, finance.

Old 09-18-2005, 01:34 PM
Range Rover

Your problem is exactly what happened to my shee one time at the dunes.

I thought I lost the right side of my motor. It acted exactly like you described yours as.

I was going through the gears chasing my step-son and just before I could shift to 3rd there was a loud "POW" and then the right side almost completly lost power.

To make a long story short, got it back to camp and pulled the carbs and reeds. Turned out I had totally blown one of my reed petals off the reed cage on the right side of my motor.

I thought I had just lost my ride on the very first time I got to ride it. Changed the reeds and it started up on the 2nd kick and ran like a raped ape.

Old 09-18-2005, 02:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

well i tried to restart it today and nothing. afew time it acted like it wanted to start but nothing. but once it back fired through the exhaust!!! dont know to much about 2 strokes but would like to learn, i did order a repair book from amazon. com , hope to learn a thing or 2. as for the 450, i find it hard to dump 7000 plus sales tax on a new bike and have the same fun on my blaster. plus i bought my blaster used for 900 and will ing to rebuild it ground up such as, new paint plastic, wheels tires and motor work.. but i will check the carb and reeds.

Old 09-18-2005, 08:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

well all of the reeds are inplace and the carb. is in good shape. the plug looks ok doesnt look like it had been over heated or leaned out. but it has no compression at all.

Old 09-19-2005, 09:15 AM
Trailblazer

Im not trying start anything with this post but Im going to give honest opinion and I really dont care if I do pi.ss of any of u two stroke fans off. First u guys spend more time working on and rebuilding these things than u do riding them then when u do get the chance to ride these giant weedwackers they blow up on you after first five to ten times riding them then u pour even more money into them just to see them blow up again. Its a repetive cycle. They cant climb hills you cant ride trails with them and you deffently cant ride MX with them the only thing these things are good for is going in a strait line really fast then you end up hitting one small rut and totalling the qaud and your body. People say Banshees rule the dunes just look at the YFZ put the some mods on it and then u can grill a Banshee on the dunes with a YFZ. Now just think to yourselfs about what Ive said then mabye youll understand why Yamaha stopped production of the Banshee.

Old 09-19-2005, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

MORON..If you think a piped,stroked & bored YFZ will beat a piped stroked,bored Banshee in a straight line your fooling yourself.

Not only that back in 89 I had a YZ 125 and never did a thing to it. I raced it for 3+ years with only spark plugs needing to be changed.

Old 09-19-2005, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider

If you got no compression then pull the head and have a look. If it still turns over and tries to run your not that screwed. Pistons and overbores dont cost much. Probably cost you less than the title and liscense fee on a YFZ. Even still, broke bikes dont sell for crap. Always better to fix it before you sell it unless you wrapped it around a tree or something.

Quick Reply: blaster took a BLAST !!!!!!!!!