Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Explain E-Bay?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2000, 07:23 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I needed a few items for a Banshee Im putting back
together so I hop over to ebay and start bidding.
I needed Boost Bottle, airbox lid,reer rims,skid plate.
I got out bidded on all items. Which is fine for me because Im not a moron like most on ebay and pay more for what the dealership will charge. All
of these items ended up selling for more than what
you would pay at any dealership!
EXAMPLE...BOOST BOTTLE..DEALER..3O.00...EBAY..36.00
The airbox lid at the dealer is 47.00...ebay..60.00.
I mean these people ended the bid at that those prices. Dont they check the cost at a dealer or magazine and on top of that they have to pay shipping.

Old 10-24-2000, 08:07 AM
Trailblazer

I sell alot of stuff on ebay. most of my parts are discontinued though. about the overbidding, i think thats kids. example - mom i really, really need this part and ill do extra around the house for it! look mom its on ebay can we bid huh huh huh? or, its hey mom i bid thing and now ill do extra chores since you have to pay for it since its your ebay account. ill pay ya back promise

I couldnt beleive when i sold my old 250x thumb throttle for 60. seems to be what they go for though, neve called the dealer or anything

Old 10-24-2000, 08:31 AM
Pro Rider

Some people are just lazy and dont call/ask for retail prices on items.
Other parts may not be available anymore (stock for atc?)

As for shee parts, if they overbid you and the price is higher than what a dealer ask's for, well then, send them an amail of a rock.

Old 10-25-2000, 12:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

I bought a rear shock on ebay from a 99 banshee that was a takeoff for a Works shock when the quad was new. The shock looks brand new... there is not a single scratch on the springs paint(its not repainted either). Theres not a single mark on the shock. The chrome on the shaft was perfect. I ride with the shock now and it works great for me.
I paid 135 bucks for the shock.That total price with shipping. $135. Thats a hellava lot cheaper than any dealers price, last time I heard was dealer will sell them for around $400. If you shop ebay long enough you will learn how to find deals, when I first started playing around with Ebay I thought the same as you did. Expensive. Just stick with it....keep watching the Banshee auctions and you will find the good deals...trust me. I can name about 25 other parts Iv bought for my Banshee on Ebay. Id say you can find 1 good deal outta every 30 banshee items that are posted. Some guys only post their auctions for 3 days and no one see the auction, you can get stuff cheap that way. Then some guys dont put the word "Banshee" in their item description and then the item gets no traffic from the Banshee crowd and hence.... no bids... Try searching for "ATV" or my personal favorite search for the word "Banchee" for those guys selling parts that dont know the proper spelling of Banshee. Anyways....thats my 2 cents on Ebay.