Originally posted by: blindside350
Originally posted by: MrDumass
Originally posted by: maddog56
Originally posted by: dragraptor
what is the lodest pipe that you know of on a four stroke
Dumbass

And an open header is the loudest.

Hey maddog56! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Who would want to run and open header?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

The HMF I have, with out the quite core/spark arrestor is loud and its on a lil ol 400.
I've seens some drag raptors that have not silencer.

I've seen some that have an open header, but the the poster was wondering about a pipe, so I figured an open header was out.

Old 10-07-2005, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loud pipes.

Originally posted by: Dangerboy
I was told by LTE themselves that it sounds like a four stroke banshee.
Ok ... I've owned several loud 4-strokes, and I've got a Banshee, but I'm still trying to picture what a "four stroke Banshee" would sound like. A single cylinder (or even a v-twin) four stroke doesn't even come close to what a Banshee sounds like. Maybe a 4-cylinder crotch rocket street bike starts sounding close to what a Banshee sounds like, but it has to turn some serious RPM to get there. I'd like to hear that LTE exhaust on a Raptor if it can make a big bore single cylinder 4 stroke sound like a small bore (175cc per cylinder) two stroke.

DV

Old 10-07-2005, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default Loud pipes.

Kind of off topic but my dad had this shop in phoenix make a pipe for him and it pulls harder than any raptor I have ever seen (at least with me on it jk) And it was one of the loudest quads at the dunes at the time period. You could hear this thing roar from over the kills.

Old 10-07-2005, 06:42 PM
Range Rover
Default Loud pipes.

DGs are pretty loud, as are Cobras.
Cap'n

Old 10-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default Loud pipes.

loud pipes are what screw us over at riding areas
why would you want one? to get kicked out of the riding park? or to lose ur hearing?
450kodman

Old 10-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Loud pipes.

That was my question to him too! He said that when the piston goes up one pipe pops, and when it goes back down the other pipe pops. Basically he was getting at instead of a pop every time it fires, you hear the exhuast pop twice for every full crank rotation. I am trying to save up the $700 to buy it, then i will post a link of it running. Even if he is full of it, it still has some of the best reviews i have read.

Old 10-07-2005, 07:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Loud pipes.

I think the loudest, and also the crappiest exhaust I have heard is dg's RCM. Absolutely no power gains and it even looks like a cheap pile of crap

Old 10-07-2005, 10:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!
Default Loud pipes.

Originally posted by: Jibrille I haven't heard a piped Raptor that was quiet.
Yoshi with the TEC, small end cap is 93 db's. Other than that, I agree with you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-07-2005, 10:08 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!
Default Loud pipes.

Originally posted by: Dangerboy That was my question to him too! He said that when the piston goes up one pipe pops, and when it goes back down the other pipe pops. Basically he was getting at instead of a pop every time it fires, you hear the exhuast pop twice for every full crank rotation. I am trying to save up the $700 to buy it, then i will post a link of it running. Even if he is full of it, it still has some of the best reviews i have read.
Are you referring to the LTE's?

Old 10-07-2005, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......
Default Loud pipes.

my yoshi rs3 comp series exhaust for my ds650 came with no spark arrestor and a 96 db insert...without the quiet insert that thing is fricken insanely loud...can hear it like 10 miles away through the thick bush lol.....good power gains but it doesnt have to be that loud

Quick Reply: Loud pipes.