Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor 700 exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 01:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 700 exhaust

I just bought an 06 raptor 700 and wanted to put an exhaust system on it. i was wondering what the best system would be to put on...any help would be great thanks

Old 10-08-2005, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider

From the Dyno charts I've seen it looks like CT racing claims the best HP with the stock air filter with the lid removed and a controller and should be better with a high flow set up on it. Trinity Yoshi LRD HMF all look pretty close as well. You will need an EFI controller if you put a full pipe on it as it will run lean with out one. Here's some info

null

Old 10-08-2005, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

Don't expect those kind of results from your quad, CT racing has horribly innacurate dyno results and they use it to their advantage to increase sales. Many companies do this, but CT and Trinity seem to do it the most. Most aftermarket pipes will give good gains, but they all seem to excel better in certain areas. What kind of power are you looking for? What type of riding? Do you want/need a spark arrester? Do you have a decibal limit? Theirs a few companies who makes exhaust that I really like, they are: FMF, White Bros, Sparks, HMF, and Yoshimura. I'd say stay away from GYT-R, they have problems with falling apart over time.

Old 10-09-2005, 12:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Yoshi will be coming out with a system, you can bet on that and it'll have the TEC optiion, good for the sound sensitive areas.

Like RootItUp said, there's many factors to take into concideration when choosing your pipe, it all depends on what's more important to you.

Old 10-09-2005, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

are there any after market exhausts that dont use packing in them, but baffles instead??? and if not how often do they need to be repacked, thanks

Old 10-09-2005, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RoostItUp
Don't expect those kind of results from your quad, CT racing has horribly innacurate dyno results and they use it to their advantage to increase sales. Many companies do this, but CT and Trinity seem to do it the most. Most aftermarket pipes will give good gains, but they all seem to excel better in certain areas. What kind of power are you looking for? What type of riding? Do you want/need a spark arrester? Do you have a decibal limit? Theirs a few companies who makes exhaust that I really like, they are: FMF, White Bros, Sparks, HMF, and Yoshimura. I'd say stay away from GYT-R, they have problems with falling apart over time.
Actually there not inflating their results much in this case. All of the dyno's with full exhaust's and a controller and an open airbox are getting pretty much the same results the difference in HP is if the quads on slicks vs knobbies on the dyno. The percentage of gain is pretty much equal on all the pipes within a horse or two and they all pick up the torque and HP on the 700R. It's pretty much a matter of pesonal prefrance. I still haven't made up my mind totaly.
I like the looks of the LRD and you can get a quite core for it that will get you down to 93 db for the sound sensitive areas.
The CT uses diffuser discs like a super Trap and you can remove discs to get it to the sound level you want, which is pretty user friendly
The HMF is a nice piece and you can get a quite core for it as well and you can get it satin, polished or in colors. There's almost to many choice's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 10-09-2005, 11:28 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

One other issue to consider is, which pipes offer the option of using your stock heat sheild, Yoshi is one of those manufactures, I really like the LRD, but they've never offered a heat sheild, just food for thought.